Author Topic: New to the forum/MVR ?  (Read 1821 times)

leland_7

New to the forum/MVR ?
« on: February 27, 2013, 01:12:50 PM »
Hi all!
Originally from GA, I was a member of a conceal carry forum there.  Needless to say, I'm glad to have found you guys.

I was licensed for concealed carry when I lived in GA.  Now that I have a DE license I am applying here.  In fact, my conceal carry class is being held this weekend.

I have a question that I hope to get your feedback on since calling the prothonotary office this morning proved futile.  A buddy of mine dropped off his paperwork recently and shared with me that they required him to obtain something like a motor vehicle report from NJ since he hadn't been a resident of DE for five years.  (I believe he said five but I could be mistaken)

I've been in DE for almost two years now and I'm curious if I'll be required to provide this information?  Has anyone ran across this?  I want to have everything in hand and ready to go so as to not run into any snags.

Thanks!

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: New to the forum/MVR ?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 08:35:17 PM »
DE is a "may issue" state, and can ask for more information at their will. The application does not list any minimum time of being a resident. I haven't seen any discussion on this forum similar to that Judges request.

From county code
  TITLE 11  ยง 1441. License to carry concealed deadly weapons.
  Delaware Criminal Code

CHAPTER 5(d) The Court may or may not, in its discretion, approve any application, and in order to satisfy the Judges thereof fully in regard to the propriety of approving the same, may receive remonstrances and hear evidence and arguments for and against the same, and establish general rules for that purpose.
New Castle County