Author Topic: Newspaper to publish intent -- Hockessin / Pike Creek?  (Read 5205 times)

Fred023

Newspaper to publish intent -- Hockessin / Pike Creek?
« on: January 09, 2012, 08:53:41 PM »
Hi Folks-
Looking to get the ball rolling on my application.  the DE CCW Process info post mentions a few options for publishing my intent in the paper -- Can anyone in the Pike Creek / Hockessin area let me know where they posted?  Thanks!

Kimber HD

Re: Newspaper to publish intent -- Hockessin / Pike Creek?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 09:17:12 PM »
Hello and welcome !  What is your zip ?  Maybe stuck with the New$ Journal.

Fred023

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 09:50:11 PM »
19808.  Thanks!

firststatefirearms

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 11:16:31 PM »
The News Journal is your only choice for 19808 zip code.
An armed citizen refuses to be a victim.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 02:48:42 PM »
I know of someone in the 19808 zip code who successfully used The Community News - I think it used to be called the Hockessin Sun or something like that.  Much cheaper. 

First State, is there a list somewhere that the rest of us can't get to for some ridiculous reason?  I wish the state/county would be more clear on this for those applying.  It seems as though only instructors for the CCW class have rights to this magic list.

Thanks!!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Fred023

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 02:50:48 PM »
The Mill Creek Community News?  That would be awesome.  Thanks for the info.

I know of someone in the 19808 zip code who successfully used The Community News - I think it used to be called the Hockessin Sun or something like that.  Much cheaper. 

First State, is there a list somewhere that the rest of us can't get to for some ridiculous reason?  I wish the state/county would be more clear on this for those applying.  It seems as though only instructors for the CCW class have rights to this magic list.

Thanks!!

Moosie

firststatefirearms

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 04:14:09 PM »
The "Community News" does not have the circulation required.  Per Curt Clifton of the AG's Office "19808 and 19707 must use the "News Journal".

I would hope the AG's Office has list of approved News Papers by Zip Code. 
An armed citizen refuses to be a victim.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 12:03:05 PM »
The AG's office does have a list of the newspapers, but for some reason won't give it up.  I have called and asked if I could have a copy of it and was told no.  ???   It just seems like it would be so much easier if they would make it public. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Kimber HD

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 07:19:22 PM »
FOIA ?

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 12:00:52 PM »
I can't see how that would apply to them, but we ARE talking about big brother who can come up with the most asanine crap to withold. 

I just can't see how hard it would be to put that info in with the CCW application package on line. 

Anyway, for all you kids still needing the info, see FirstStateFirearms :D  He's got the 411!  LOL

Moosie

StriKer82

• Rootin' Tootin'
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 10:39:16 PM »
I used "The Community News" when I applied for my CCW.  During the review process, I got a call from the AG's office indicating that I would need to use "The News Journal" as "The Community News" does not have the required circulation.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 10:43:59 PM by StriKer82 »