Author Topic: Hi-Point C9  (Read 6296 times)

Obleo

• Life Member
Hi-Point C9
« on: July 27, 2013, 06:36:23 PM »
Got to shoot a Hi-Point C9.  Everything worked just fine.  Wouldn't buy one myself but the price tag is well under $200.00.  Something to throw in the Bug-Out-Bag?  Time will tell.

Maybe the new Saturday Night Special with a touch of durability.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: Hi-Point C9
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 11:35:52 PM »
I fired the C9 of a fellow shooter at the range once. Yup, it shot a bullet out the barrel.  ;D I did not find it to be that accurate even at just 7 yards and even with the weight it had some flip to it. I own 2 of the JHP .45 Hi-Points (should this be admitted? Lol) and have never had a single failure of any type with them. Both I find much more accurate then the C9 I fired was. The weight of the JHP is managable though much heavier then most other handguns and it helps reduce muzzle flip. The JHP .45s stay on target with very little flip. They certainly are no conceal carry puppies for sure! I'd have no problem grabbing one if needed and trust it would fire as reliably as any other firearm I own even though neither has been fired in a year.

I know people give them a bad rep and they are no high quality firearm for sure but the current versions do shoot and shoot reliably well. I don't think I spent 200$ on both of them, one new, the other used. Anyone looking to buy these for quick grab bug out bags I'd suggest buying the larger JHP .45 as anyone who could lift it could fire it with very little practice and easily stay on target. Lets all hope that type of day is never seen!

They are at least twice the gun my original Saturday Night Special Raven Arms .25 is for sure.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 07:42:41 PM »
Once owned (for about a week) a Jennings 22.  Later famous for cheap material and downright dangerous to the shooter.  I think it had an aluminum frame.

Still, the Hi Point is no Jennings and I would love to acid test the C9 just to see what I could get away with.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 10:52:45 PM »
Yeah OK I'll ask :) .. Might I ask what you mean by acid test?

anjdrifter

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 11:25:48 PM »
I have a Hi-Point c9 I fondly call it the brick. I picked it up for about 110.00 NIB  (less then a tip at a good restaurant) the reviews believe it or not were not that bad. I guess I have gone thru about 700 rounds of all kinds of ammo and never a problem. I got it as a lark and have used it for a range gun for beginners when I don't want to share my colts, Berettas, or Kimbers, or other high end stuff. too big and bulky for any practical use and thought I would just throw in tackle box or my truck. but it just sits in the safe .I had no expectations at all. I will say that I have noticed one thing in life price doesn't equate quality. also lets say someone has a Kimber and it stove pipes or ftf or soft strike  there is alsways some kind of excuse but let a "cheap" gun have a single problem and it is labeled a piece of junk. now there are a lot of junk guns out here  I think some one mentioned the sterling and ravens and some others I would not put the high point in that class. Anybody remember when the Kel tecs were 1st out they were called junk guns.. there have been an awful lot of happy owners of them. Me personally I am old school and prefer all metal stuff.PS I liked the C9 enuff to get the Hi point carbine just for a lark also.( my grand sons use that when in state
Sussex county, NRA certified instructor -pistol-rifle- shotgun ,doj approved instructor

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 11:31:13 PM »
... (less then a tip at a good restaurant) ...

There are good restaurants in DE??  ::)

aside from their weight and ugliness the hi-points do typically function great.

anjdrifter

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 11:55:20 PM »
... (less then a tip at a good restaurant) ...

There are good restaurants in DE??  ::)

aside from their weight and ugliness the hi-points do typically function great.
lmao   I go to NYC and nort jerz a lot
Sussex county, NRA certified instructor -pistol-rifle- shotgun ,doj approved instructor

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 10:56:20 AM »
lmao   I go to NYC and nort jerz a lot

That explains it then. :) I travel up the east coast into Canada 3-4 times a year and fine dining is usually the bulk of my credit card bill. That and the drinks lol ;D