Author Topic: How long does getting CCW take?  (Read 22657 times)

ezliving

Re: How long does getting CCW take?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2010, 09:13:38 AM »
Is the legislature considering a change to shall-issue or changes to streamline / expedite the approval process?

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 12:02:42 PM »
Is the legislature considering a change to shall-issue or changes to streamline / expedite the approval process?
Last time DE tried to go shall-issue, they did it very simply: the bill simply removed the Superior Court's power to approve or deny an otherwise qualified applicant.
The antis stacked on so many bad amendments that the NRA dropped its support for the bill.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Spartacus

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 04:30:14 PM »
Yeah I wrote shall issue instead of may issue

ezliving

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 10:11:49 PM »
Last time DE tried to go shall-issue, they did it very simply: the bill simply removed the Superior Court's power to approve or deny an otherwise qualified applicant.
The antis stacked on so many bad amendments that the NRA dropped its support for the bill.
It probably didn't help that Sarah Brady lives in Rehoboth Beach.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 10:39:06 PM by Sigarms12 »

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2010, 10:39:54 PM »
It probably didn't help that Sarah Brady lives in Rehoboth Beach.

This is very true, she lobbied against the shall issue bill up to the very end
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

menacek04

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2011, 09:21:43 PM »
Anyone have any idea how long this is taking now?

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2011, 11:24:33 PM »
depending on the county you're in, 2-8 months.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

mrjam2jab

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 11:43:46 PM »
So if they all expire May 31 of a given year, and it takes 8 months to process then you have to renew the year prior to the actual expiration? 

I still say they could eliminate the backlog if they dont expire them all on the same date.
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 12:53:55 AM »
mrjam, I totally agree.  If they staggered the expiration, they'd avoid a lot of this back log. 

Right now, the delay of initial, new, applications is because they are processing all the renewals. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

colt0208

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 01:05:33 AM »
I called yesterday to check on my application which I turned in on January 13... The lady said she was getting a bunch back already from the beginning of January and I should see something by next week hopefully...... I turned my in Kent County..... Good luck...