Author Topic: Do you carry were you're allowed by law but asked not to?  (Read 19954 times)

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: Do you carry were you're allowed by law but asked not to?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 01:55:40 PM »
Back to my favorite topic...   

I thought it was BEEEEER!
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 02:17:07 PM »
Something tells me you are spending too much time on the cheesecake website :). As for the gun part, in the 2+ years that I've had my permit I can honestly say that I have no proof that the mall dosent want firearms inside, just what I've heard on here. The few times I've been there I always enter thru an anchor store (parking is better) and have never seen a sign on their door or upon entering the mall from that store. I try my best not to visit stores that have the no firearms signs( haven't been to TGIs in 2 years) because I don't like to lock my gun in the car. While I agree with not giving the anti gunners and extra ammo...haha...I sincerly doubt they're going to put too much time or effort into the online, unprovable, ramblings of somebody that for all they know dosent exist. If they thought that would help the cause they wouldve already printed how people carry in locations with signs.

Back to the cheesecakes...do they have a sign on the door (god I hope not)
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 04:53:04 PM »
Actually, Radnor...

Im more of a Pino Grigio kinda gal.  But I do like a good stout beer or a pale ale too.

Insert Quote
Quote from: Sigarms12 on Today at 06:42:05 AM
No real desire to go to the Cheese Cake Factory, now if it was PF Changs that's another story.

WHAT?!!       Sig, I'm sorry but our friendship stops here.  Have you even BEEN to TCF?! 

wow.  Just when you think you knew someone.... 

And Gun Envy, nope, no sign on the door.  And no, I've never seen the sign either (which makes me wonder if there is even a real sign there). 

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 06:14:16 PM »
I've never seen the sign either (which makes me wonder if there is even a real sign there).  

There is.
At the mall entrance facing Costco, between J. C. Penney and the Target-in-Waiting, there is a list of policies on the wall at the right side of the vestibule as you enter. The last policy on the list prohibits firearms.

I just happen to be going that way in a few minutes. I'll bring a camera.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 06:16:55 PM by oldgraygeek »
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 07:05:49 PM »
Moosie, I see how it is..... No I have never been there but I don't like cheese cake its too rich for me, as far as the sign goes next time I'm down that way I will take a picture of it.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 08:40:47 PM »
Theyre putting a target at the mall??

ok then... heres a question. The law says that it has to be clearly posted on the entrance, correct? So if they have a sign on the wall inside does that count? And is the sign at every entrance or just that one entrance? I wonder if they posted that for the riff raff that hangs out by the food court.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 08:52:55 PM »
They'Re putting a target at the mall??

ok then... here's a question. The law says that it has to be clearly posted on the entrance, correct? So if they have a sign on the wall inside does that count? And is the sign at every entrance or just that one entrance? I wonder if they posted that for the riff raff that hangs out by the food court.

Yes they are putting a Target at the Mall it should be open by October and I will be poor by November  ;D, its where the old Lord N Taylor was. The sign is on the side wall as you walk in its more of a code of conduct then anything else. And the sign was only at the mall entrances not the store entrances. I don't think there are many of the signs left since they started construction. I think if anything it gives them a reason to ask you to leave if your caught open carrying more then anything else.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
I checked out the mall this afternoon
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 10:16:37 PM »
Here's the sign... notice how tiny it is, compared to the mall entrance next to Ruby Tuesday's:

Who the heck bothers to read that?

It gets more interesting when we read the entire sign... and you need to read it all, as "No firearms or illegal weapons" is the last rule on the darn sign:

"Guests who do not act responsibly may be asked to leave. If they refuse to
leave the property, they may be arrested and charged with illegal trespass."

No problem. If someone were to figure out that I am carrying, they can ask me to leave. That's true anywhere. Trying to charge me with a crime would be a problem, unless I refused to leave: my lawyer would eat them alive.

But, here's the other thing:
This same sign does exist at every mall entrance I checked, but it does not exist at any of the outside entrances to J C Penney... nor is there any sign when you enter the mall from J C Penney. I didn't have time to check Macy's, but I believe it's the same over there.

Now we all know where to park when we go to the mall...

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 10:48:52 PM »
Hey oldgraygeek thanks for taking the photos.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2010, 11:43:21 PM »
Hey oldgraygeek thanks for taking the photos.

Glad I could help.  :)

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2010, 12:19:12 AM »
First, THANK YOU for taking the photos!!!! 

Second, Sig, goes to show you what you know....  TCF has a LOT more than just cheesecakes.  Their food is AWESOME! Even kid friendly!  Nice atmosphere! TRY IT, YOU'LL LIKE IT.  LOL

:)  Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Hank

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2010, 01:20:28 PM »
Hi everyone.
CCW/CCDW Whatever??? Concealed carry, I think that means that no one should ever know that you are carring a handgun??? The biggest #1- reason that I carry In the first place Is for my safty!!!, #2- Is for anyone that Is with me, as friends and or family, #3-And on the outside chance that I may have to save someone else's life that may be In my space/area that I know may very well die If not for my action??? #3- comes with a very large " IF ", and's and buts???

I'm not a cop, I'm also not hip heavy and I don't carry a handgun to prove anything. So most signs on the walls of malls or any place else are CYA signs to cover any law suite that may come there way??? Other wise they would be like trying to get Into the Georgetown Court house with a metal paper clip In your pocket, or any Court house In Delaware!!!

There Is an old saying, and I'm prity sure most of you guys have heard It before, but anyway,
" I would rather be tried by 12, than be carried by 6 "

" In God we trust, all others pay cash "
 Semper Fi all. Hank.

Ravensfootball56

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2010, 10:23:46 AM »
No real desire to go to the Cheese Cake Factory, now if it was PF Changs that's another story.

The chicken Lettuce wraps app...IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
BS

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2010, 10:37:36 AM »
I've got the recipe for their chicken lettuce wraps!!  :) 

snicker snicker... it's an ancient Chinese secret! 

Ok, seriously, I found a recipe that is pretty darn close if you're so inclined to try them at home yourself.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/almost-famous-chicken-lettuce-wraps-recipe/index.html

I'm a big foodie... now, off to run a few miles because... YOU GUESSED IT!!  I went to the Cheesecake Factory last night! LOL 

Moosie

Ravensfootball56

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2010, 10:41:24 AM »
Awesome, I looked at copycat.com for the recipie but couldnt find anything that sounded good for me, so ill try this one out...Thanks!!!!!!!!!
BS