Author Topic: First CCDW renewal  (Read 19462 times)

Schmenge

First CCDW renewal
« on: December 01, 2010, 05:17:27 PM »
I'll be sending in my first renewal request next year. Any recommendations about how early I should send it?
Schmenge
NRA Patron Member

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: First CCDW renewal
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 07:08:37 PM »
First day in January that the Court is open.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

fdegree

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 07:15:51 PM »
If memory serves, all that expire in any given year, expire on the same date...5/31.  So, there will be many renewing at the same time, plus whatever new applications the state gets.  So renew as early as possible, to give the state time to handle the sudden rush.  I believe you have to wait until after the 1st of the year...so, as Sigarms12 said, first business day in January.
Violence, when there is an alternative, is immoral.
Violence, when there is no alternative, is survival.
-Unknown-

A battle avoided cannot be lost.
-Sun Tzu-

Schmenge

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 08:41:05 PM »
Thanks, that's pretty much what I was thinking. I'll have it all ready to go in early Jan.
Schmenge
NRA Patron Member

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 12:19:09 AM »
I also remember someone stating not too long ago to use the renewal application that's on the state website, NOT the paperwork they send with your permit?? 

I'm preparing my renewal to send in Jan 3rd (first Monday of the year) so any info is much appreciated.

Thank you!!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 10:42:43 AM »
The forms were revised last spring, so we definitely need to use the downloaded forms.

When I filed my renewal early this year, I brought in the form they had mailed me with my original permit... and they handed me the new form, and made me fill it out.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 01:17:01 PM »
Thanks, OldGray. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 03:37:40 PM »
I'd (if I could) would hand deliver it and get a receipt.  With the law change AND if your renewal comes AFTER 5/31, you'd be covered (link below).

This year was my 1st renewal.  I delivered it in early Jan.  I think it just sat "because I had time"....  Until I called my State Rep.  His office seemed to get it moving (I think).

http://www.legis.delaware.gov/LIS/lis145.nsf/vwLegislation/HA+2+to+HB+226/$file/legis.html?open
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 04:52:21 PM »
Yup, that's what I plan to do! (hand deliver it).

Moosie

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 09:42:49 PM »
I'd (if I could) would hand deliver it and get a receipt.  With the law change AND if your renewal comes AFTER 5/31, you'd be covered (link below).

This year was my 1st renewal.  I delivered it in early Jan.  I think it just sat "because I had time"....  Until I called my State Rep.  His office seemed to get it moving (I think).

http://www.legis.delaware.gov/LIS/lis145.nsf/vwLegislation/HA+2+to+HB+226/$file/legis.html?open
I was told by the investigator that allowing you to carry past 5/31 was only good for 2010 due to some system problems that was slowing the renewals down??

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 01:25:03 PM »
I was told by the investigator that allowing you to carry past 5/31 was only good for 2010 due to some system problems that was slowing the renewals down??

Well, I could have missed it in the link above (dont think so), but there is NOTHING stating this is good for 2010 ONLY.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

trevor

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 12:51:16 AM »
Links to forms/instructions: http://courts.delaware.gov/Superior/weapons.stm

Reality check: For renewal, need 2 new photos & notarized form; anything else?

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 01:34:49 AM »
Deliver the form in person, and you can skip the notary: they'll do it right there.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2010, 01:53:34 AM »

Well, I could have missed it in the link above (dont think so), but there is NOTHING stating this is good for 2010 ONLY.
Yea, I dont see it either. I just know he made it clear that it was only for 2010  ??? Maybe hes wrong.

Schmenge

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2010, 06:24:25 PM »
Thanks for the info on the new form, I was already filling out the old one!
Schmenge
NRA Patron Member