Author Topic: S&W Bodyguard?  (Read 10837 times)

Newlife503

• Life Member
Re: S&W Bodyguard?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2013, 01:31:07 PM »
When I was looking for a new carry pistol for my wife, I mentioned that I was considering a .380...
She was not familiar with that caliber, so I explained that it was a shorter 9mm round with less muzzle energy.

"Why... don't you love me anymore?"

I got her a .357 Magnum instead.

Sounds like something my wife would say.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2013, 02:16:56 PM »
That's awesome!
New Castle County

FIREFIGHTER7248

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2013, 03:51:55 AM »
Worth the money if you can find them in stock!
Sussex County

firesigns1075

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 12:29:40 AM »
My wife loves hers. I also carry it in cargo shorts with a pocket holster. No issues with it at all. Hard to find.

tacoin4low

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2013, 03:46:39 AM »
The bodyguard was my first hand gun. I liked it and could shoot it well and it looks bad (as in cool). It's light weight and easily concealable. I read about this gun jamming but, it only jammed 2x's on me and it was because I wasn't locking my elbows/wrists. Once I figured out how to shoot well, the gun never jammed. If it feels good, and you can shoot it well, then it might be a gun for you.

Capnball

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2013, 05:48:06 PM »
The Revolver .38 Bodyguard, is very much like any of the J-Frames with the exception of the cylinder release that is mounted above the grip in a more left-hand shooter friendly position, but even if you are left-handed and have become accustomed to the cylinder release on the left of the frame, it may take some getting used to. Other than that the .38 Bodyguard is as reliable, sturdy and concealable as any J-frame. The laser sight is a nice addition and so far has functioned well. I have several revolvers for concealed carry and my go-to most often is one of my J-Frames. I've not had a chance yet to try the Semi-auto Bodyguard yet but I do hear good things about it.

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 04:46:28 PM »
Worth the money if you can find them in stock!

I have them in stock..... :)

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2013, 09:06:21 PM »
Its not a bad gun. I have one and its my back up gun. The thing is that it seems to have a bit of snap to it. Originally it was for my wife and had too much snap for her. I do like that it has a safety on it.

Overall its not a bad gun. I probably would not buy another one. I got it at a good price a couple years ago before I met my favorite FFL  ;)  during smith & Wesson days at Targetmaster.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"