Author Topic: Getting ready to Apply  (Read 2836 times)

Grunt4Life

Getting ready to Apply
« on: January 24, 2011, 12:52:50 PM »
First I would like to thank everyone here for your contributions! I'm finally ready to apply for my permit and thought I would share a some information for those who have yet to apply.

1. Follow the directions listed in http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=7.0
2. I took my training with Dave Johnson Phone : (302) 834-0333 E-Mail : Dave@FirstStateFirearmsTraining.com
3. If you live in the 19934 zip Camden/Wyoming area the Dover Post is fine to use (confirmed with Prothonotary's Office"
4. I elected to get an AZ permit vs. FL. it covers most of the same states (excluding FL but Don't travel there that often, if at all) and it's only $60 for 5 years. If your training instructor is NRA certified, you are prior military (w/honorable discharge), or have been through NRA training, you will meet their training requirements. Note- You have to call to get the application sent to you for first time applicants, after that renewals can be downloaded. The key for me was quick turnaround time, it covers PA (I travel there often) and doesn't require me to have DE permit.(FL doesn't either but processing time and cost is higher (think $117 for 7 years)

Most if this information is cover under various topics but want to assist other who might be in my area (specifically on publication). Anyway I'll keep everyone updated on y progress.

Sean

Grunt4Life
"Semper Fi"

Lest I keep my complacent way, I must remember somewhere out there a person died for me today, As long as there must be war, I ask and I must answer was I worth dying for today?"
- Eleanor Roosevelt.

mrjam2jab

Re: Getting ready to Apply
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 06:05:27 PM »
First I would like to thank everyone here for your contributions! I'm finally ready to apply for my permit and thought I would share a some information for those who have yet to apply.

1. Follow the directions listed in http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=7.0
2. I took my training with Dave Johnson Phone : (302) 834-0333 E-Mail : Dave@FirstStateFirearmsTraining.com
3. If you live in the 19934 zip Camden/Wyoming area the Dover Post is fine to use (confirmed with Prothonotary's Office"
4. I elected to get an AZ permit vs. FL. it covers most of the same states (excluding FL but Don't travel there that often, if at all) and it's only $60 for 5 years. If your training instructor is NRA certified, you are prior military (w/honorable discharge), or have been through NRA training, you will meet their training requirements. Note- You have to call to get the application sent to you for first time applicants, after that renewals can be downloaded. The key for me was quick turnaround time, it covers PA (I travel there often) and doesn't require me to have DE permit.(FL doesn't either but processing time and cost is higher (think $117 for 7 years)

Most if this information is cover under various topics but want to assist other who might be in my area (specifically on publication). Anyway I'll keep everyone updated on y progress.

Your DE permit will cover you in FL anyway.   ;D
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: Getting ready to Apply
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 09:20:56 PM »
Well good luck..............
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.