Author Topic: Pa permit  (Read 9892 times)

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: Pa permit
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 12:26:59 AM »
I got the PA permit because I'm in PA every week. I would much rather hand a PA cop a PA permit.
I've only showed a permit to a police officer once, and it was on the PA turnpike last October while I was picking up my speeding ticket.  ;) I was @@@@ glad not to be a Delaware resident showing him a Florida (or Utah, or Arizona) permit, even if the end result might have been the same.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

John

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 12:52:48 AM »
Old G. you make a good point.  When my DE permit shows up I'll probably run up and get the PA permit.  I travel PA quite a bit.

gstack

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 11:31:21 PM »
 I got my PA permit because I know a Pa officer who told me his men aren't really up on reciprocity.It would be much better just to show them a PA permit. Who really is? Its hard to keep up with. I also have Utah and New Hampshire.

Simpleman71

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2011, 05:51:20 AM »
Got my PA permit in the mail today. Took about 2 weeks. They are big. Has anyone had it shrunk down and laminated? Is it legal?

mrjam2jab

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2011, 01:37:58 PM »
Got my PA permit in the mail today. Took about 2 weeks. They are big. Has anyone had it shrunk down and laminated? Is it legal?

Yes it is.  Shrink it to 60%.
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

aibill

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2011, 11:38:22 PM »
If you look at an earler post on page one you'lll see I took mine to staples reduced 60% and laminated for $1.42 including tax, they even let me use their sissors to cut it out.I wonder also if it would be legal,but done it, also, no way can one carry that big permit around for 5 years and still be able to read it.  Maybe some one here has had some experince with Pa. law enforcement with the small permit.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2011, 01:04:18 AM »
If you get your permit in person, say at the media courthouse, you recieve a shrunken copy of what centre county gives except it has your pic and is laminated already. Chance are most police you would come across up there wont know that you did it yourself.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Simpleman71

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 07:28:23 PM »
Thanks, went to staples and had it done. Fits neatly in my wallet next to my DE/FL permits.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2011, 04:55:20 PM »
SOURCE: http://www.dennynau.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=34

DETAIL:

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ON LICENSE TO CARRY FIREARM

UPDATED POST -3/8/11
ALL NON RESIDENT APPLICATIONS TO BE PROCESSED VIA MAIL MUST BE RECEIVED IN OUR OFFICE BY  MARCH 31, 2011. 
WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCESS MAILED APPLICATIONS OR RENEWALS AFTER MARCH 31, 2011. 
THIS IS A RESULT OF REQUIREMENTS OF ACT 66, 2005. 

This act requires the applicant's photo and signature be captured electronically into our system. As of this time there is no manner to fullfil this requirement without the personal appearance of the applicant. Should we learn of an alternative manner to process these two requirements without appearance we will revisit the process of issuance via mail.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.