Author Topic: crimson trace  (Read 11760 times)

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
crimson trace
« on: February 12, 2011, 12:34:49 AM »
I was wonering if anyone uses them and how do you like them ? I was at the outdoor show in Harrisburg today and was checking them out, they seemed to work nicely. The price for my gun was $190. I was told that was a show special. I didnt want to carry them around so I didnt get them. I found them for cheaper online anyhow.

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
Re: crimson trace
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 01:14:08 AM »
I have a set on my S&W 642 for about two years now and no complaints. The laser is still bright and has held its zero just fine.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

John

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 01:34:43 AM »
I really wanted it for my xd but they look funny...on the website.  Looks like a big rubber grip fattening up the grip?  Anyone have this on a xd?

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 03:12:52 PM »
I have a Lasermax on my Sig P226, and a Crimson Trace on my Sig P232. Pros and cons to both. The Lasermax is integrated into the frame, under the barrel. Nice. But you have to change out the spring to a shorter one, and change the breakdown lever (all included). The switch is on the new breakdown lever. So you have to reach towards the front of the gun to turn it on. Not good.

The Crimson is nicely integrated in the supplied grip, and has both a on/off master switch at the bottom, and the pressure switch in the front of the grip. You can leave the master switch turned on without draining the battery, and the laser lights up when you grip. The only downside is you are stuck with their comfortable but ugly grip forever.

Lasermax costs a little more, but both are expensive.

Lumspond
New Castle County

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 04:17:00 PM »
I have a Lasermax on my Sig P226, and a Crimson Trace on my Sig P232. Pros and cons to both. The Lasermax is integrated into the frame, under the barrel. Nice. But you have to change out the spring to a shorter one, and change the breakdown lever (all included). The switch is on the new breakdown lever. So you have to reach towards the front of the gun to turn it on. Not good.

The Crimson is nicely integrated in the supplied grip, and has both a on/off master switch at the bottom, and the pressure switch in the front of the grip. You can leave the master switch turned on without draining the battery, and the laser lights up when you grip. The only downside is you are stuck with their comfortable but ugly grip forever.

Lasermax costs a little more, but both are expensive.
 Lumspond
I had one ( a cheap model) that attached on the rail under the barrel but I couldnt keep it sighted in. It also wouldnt work in a supertuck holster. I like the one that is built into the frame but I didnt like the ideal of no sight adjustment. I know they say theirs no adjustment needed but I like to have the option. Im not a fan of the looks of crimsontrace grip expecially the one that fits my gun but I made the order anyhow  ::)  http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/Products/GLOCK/LG629/tabid/214/Default.aspx Thanks for the info. I have spent more on less before  ;D

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 10:23:50 PM »
Well they came in and im sending them back  :-\. They didnt have enough adjustment to get sighted in. My grip actually moved the laser depending on how tight it was. The model for my gun only attaches by one pin, which in my opinion needs another point of solid attachment. I expect other models of guns are better with crimson trace grips but I am going to stick with my night sights for now.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 09:59:52 PM »
I've never been a fan of laser sights, I don't want to rely on something that may or may not work when I need them. I guess at 34 you can call me old fashioned since I rely on nothing but my sights.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 10:53:50 PM »
I've never been a fan of laser sights, I don't want to rely on something that may or may not work when I need them. I guess at 34 you can call me old fashioned since I rely on nothing but my sights.
sig, I dont blame you. But watch out wih the old fashion thing at 34 ..... Im 38  ;D

storfisk

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 01:50:09 PM »
Got to try out a green laser at the outdoor range on a sunny. Boys and girls, take it from uncle Storfisk (that means big fish in Norwegian). Don't waste your money on a laser that isn't green. It was sensational. Perfectly visible at 25 yd. Save your dough and buy a green laser when they come out. It's nice to know that something green actualy works

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 04:24:33 PM »
Using the sights is usually best, until it is too dark to see them, then a laser comes into it's own.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 04:36:33 PM »
I love green lasers as well. Fully visible in daylight. But there's always a downside. They suck batteries up to three times faster, and they have a narrower ambient temperature range that they work in.
New Castle County

double tap

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 02:10:03 AM »
I have it on my 3in Kimber. I love it. No problems at all.
Double Tap