Author Topic: sig 229  (Read 5787 times)

eclipse

sig 229
« on: February 23, 2011, 01:29:39 PM »
Hi all
I am new to the site.  I have a sig 229 now and was wondering how that was for cc.  Do I need to get something smaller?  I am primarily concerned about carrying under an untucked tshirt.  Thanks in advance for your input.

g23

Re: sig 229
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 02:12:42 PM »
I think with the right holster you can conceal just about anything. I am and I know many others on this board are fans of the crossbreed supertuck. Go to there website and check out the video on the main page http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/ I am able to tuck a t shirt in and conceal my g23 without a problem.

eclipse

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 04:52:52 PM »
Thanks. I will look into that.

czer

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 08:40:19 PM »
You will get alot of opinions here. To me, the Sig 229 certainly is a great gun, reliable and effective from what I can gather, though I have never shot one. But if you are new to carrying, you might as well face reality - you will begin to find out that you "need" at least two handguns and probably more to cover all your carrying needs. For instance, the Sig 229 may be alot to carry on all occassions at 28 ozs. You will probably find that a pocket handgun of some sort, that wieghs less than a pound, is suitable for summer and or times when you just do not have enough clothes to cover your Sig. Go to www.mouseguns.com and you will find a whole world of choices. So, the short answer is yes, the Sig will probably be great. You just need to get some experience hauling these things around to guage what your preferences will be. The one "perfect" gun for all occassions does not really exist. (But it does not stop alot of us from searching for the holy grail, and having fun doing it!)

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 12:53:30 AM »
I have a Sig 228 which is the same size as the 229 and a M&P 9c and I feel more comfortable with my 228 you should be fine with the 229. I getting ready to try crossbrreds owb holster, I hope its as nice as their supertuck.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 01:29:49 AM »
I normally carry a Glock 29 and a spare magazine in a Safepacker holster. I've hugged a Senator wearing a Glock 20 in a bigger Safepacker, and nobody noticed it. A 5-11 dress belt holds it up just fine.
For work, I carry a J-frame in a pocket holster, because people in the cubicle farm would start to wonder about the Safepacker after a day or two.

I agree with czer: you will find that different guns, and often two or three carry rigs for each gun, are needed to cover the various situations in a concealed carrier's life.
I suggest you start with your 229, carry it long enough to figure out what you don't like about it, and buy another gun that complements the Sig's strengths and weaknesses.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon