Author Topic: USA Today 3/1/11 Carry on Campus Article  (Read 2224 times)

Thlax

USA Today 3/1/11 Carry on Campus Article
« on: March 02, 2011, 03:32:03 AM »
Just wanted to share this post from THR. Nice article. Being in college I find this very interesting. If I could carry to class I would. If it doesn't float your boat, don't carry, but it at least let's some people express their rights and better protect themselves and others around them.

"

Interesting editorial in the USA Today...speaks to parts of our proposed Florida SB 234 but on a national scope (it's not just a Florida issue). The writer uses logic rather than emotion to make his case. Enjoy.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/editorials/2011-03-01-editorial01_ST1_N.htm

Here's a snip...

Decriminalize self-defense (USA Today 3/1/2011)

By David Burnett

For some, allowing guns on campus seems about as smart as fighting a flood with a garden hose. A thousand what-if scenarios of students with guns seem to paint a vivid argument against guns on campus. However, these what-ifs boil down to nothing more than emotional arguments that don't match reality.... <snip>
"

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Re: USA Today 3/1/11 Carry on Campus Article
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 09:01:36 PM »
Colleges do their best to hide their crime from the public unless of course some tragedy like Virginia Tech happens.  Most colleges are run by liberals who do not want the public to know that their supposed Utopian campuses have real world problems like rape, robbery and so forth.  If you keep up with what is going on you know that those responsible enough to choose to carry firearms legally rarely commit crimes.  I support campus carry but any student needs to be aware that if they choose to carry on school grounds and their professors find out then they will be subjected to scorn, ridicule and hostility if not outright forced out of their classroom. 

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County