Author Topic: Has anyone received their renewals yet?  (Read 15396 times)

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Has anyone received their renewals yet?
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2011, 04:36:04 PM »
Received my renewal today as well. Dropped it off in person on January 3rd.
First time I did this it took 19 weeks. This time was 18.5 weeks.
Pretty consistent. Consistently bad!
So for all you newbies out there, don't bother calling, just wait the required 5 months.
New Castle County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2011, 04:38:20 PM »
Glad to hear they're coming in just in time... I feel safer.  :)

(Not kidding. If the SHTF where my wife and/or I happen to be, we feel safer knowing you folks are armed too... even though we've never met any of you).
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

glock9

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2011, 06:26:01 PM »
yea moosie they did not improve them at all. just be glad there here on time..
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 12:48:33 AM by glock9 »

Animal66

• NRA Member
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2011, 08:39:23 PM »
I called yesterday abut the status of my application (new)
They told me people are screaming about their renewals.
Told me to call back after 31 May. Hopefully Mine will get in sooner than later.
Ugh the waiting periods is bad! I get security clearance for work in 24 hours
or less. I have 4 months down for this and still not a word. If for some reason I would be denied
do you think I would have heard something by now?

Thlax

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2011, 05:56:32 PM »
What I don't get is the fact that the renewal receipt acts as a renewal if you don't get it intime, where as new people like me just have to wait even longer. Does not make any sense.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2011, 01:19:02 AM »
Well, it does, but honestly... I can't see myself carrying with the confidence that the cop I hand my receipt to will understand the process, etc and not hook me up.  Sorry, but their system sucks @@@ and so does their permit.  Why is it so hard for Delaware -- the small blunder, to get something so many other states have perfected?? 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Thlax

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2011, 03:45:58 AM »
To each their own

glock9

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2011, 05:12:05 PM »
i really couldnt see going out of state  with just a receipt. i dont think that would work with reciprocity in other states. thats why renewals should come first.. just my opinion.

Thlax

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2011, 05:41:12 PM »
Your expired license plus a receipt and even safer -a print out of the specific clause - should be more than enough.

Where as were unarmed and waiting still....after we efficiently gathered, copied, paid, notorized, class, and applied...

Also, by all means you shouldn't be printing or being made so the only area where you would really need to show all that would be if you were pulled over and that state required you to tell the officer you were carrying IMO.

Once again, I'm sure when you were in my shoes you may have had similar thoughts (maybe not). Guess it depends what side of the line you sit on (renewal vs waiting new).

That's why I leave this with, to each their own. I don't want to go to far off the OP. Sorry-

Be safe-

Thlax

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2011, 05:46:09 PM »
All in all, our (DE) logistics of this are terrible. FL has a huge team and guaranteed times. NH does as well I believe along with several other states. I don't mind the process of applying- finger prints and classes I wish every state did as I think those are extremely important, but our processing times are abysmal.

For being thr "first state", sometimes I feel as though were the last to adopt certain things...

navitimer806

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2011, 08:11:26 PM »
Just received it - applied for renewal on Jan 7th
j

Animal66

• NRA Member
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2011, 09:21:03 AM »
I called yesterday abut the status of my application (new)
They told me people are screaming about their renewals.
Told me to call back after 31 May. Hopefully Mine will get in sooner than later.
Ugh the waiting periods is bad! I get security clearance for work in 24 hours
or less. I have 4 months down for this and still not a word. If for some reason I would be denied
do you think I would have heard something by now?

Update... I called yesterday (June 14th) and they told me that they are still working on the renewals.
So, for anyone that is still waiting on renewals, they are working on it, for the rest of us with a new appliation in, seems like we'll be waiting a while longer.