Author Topic: Newbie Question  (Read 3937 times)

SKYDIVR

Newbie Question
« on: April 17, 2011, 03:15:01 AM »
Hello all,

I discovered this forum while researching DE Concealed Carry laws as it's something I've been thinking about for some time. I'm currently a civilian working and living in Newark DE. I was recently given advice to pursue the FL out of state resident path to receive a permit as it is reciprocal in DE.

I was reading the "DE CCW Process" thread and I see that it states, "Residency requirement: You must be a resident of the state of Delaware. If you are a Delaware resident, an out of state permit with Delaware reciprocity is not valid for you in the state of Delaware. Delaware residents must have a Delaware CCW Permit to legally carry concealed.

However the Attorney General's office of DE's website (http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/crime/concealedweapons.shtml#PageContent) says "...However, as of today Delaware does not recognize the concealed deadly weapon licenses or permits issued by states other than those listed below..." as goes on to list FL.

Just wondering if anyone can provide clarification Thank you in advance!

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
Re: Newbie Question
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 10:21:38 AM »
The very first line.....residents of other states to carry concealed.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 11:09:05 AM »
DELAWARE Residents MUST have a DELAWARE Permit. There is no way around it. Also welcome.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

SKYDIVR

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 03:08:50 PM »
Thank you both. Looks like I'll be getting my references/photo's/application/and news paper posting squared away within the next few weeks. I'm sure i'll have more questions along the way so I'm glad I found this forum, it seems like a wealth of knowledge in one spot.

Can I download the appliction for DE CCW on-line, or do I have to contact the Prothonotary's Office directly?

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 05:51:29 PM »
New Castle County

SKYDIVR

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 12:11:54 AM »
Thank you sir. I'll switch over to the General CCW board for any future questions.

I appreciate the guidance so far.