Author Topic: Reference Input  (Read 2612 times)

tz9x21

Reference Input
« on: April 18, 2011, 11:37:00 PM »
I just submitted my package last week and I had a question.
In talking with several instructors and some CCW holders, I was given different advice on what the references should answer on the last question.."Do you know why this person is wanting a permit?"
I had some tell me that their references answered "no" and they got their permits with no problem.
Some said your references should say "yes" and put in the explanation..."protection of life and/or property".

1 reference whom I have known and has had a permit for over 30 years filled in the reason. Everyone else said no and didn't put in a reason. Some of my references said they filled these out for other folks, answered "no" and didn't fill in the reason and those folks got their permits

I realize it's too late to call back my application so I hope I didn't mess up here, but what is the advice of the folks here?
"... so my wife says, don't you have enough guns?" to which I reply, "My dear, there is no such thing as enough guns."

Thlax

Re: Reference Input
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 12:05:52 AM »
I was told yes is better. And reason is personal protection and protection of property.

That is what all mine did because that's the truth.

...no is not bad. But I wouldn't have all yours say no. If anythings wrong you find in 2 months at the half way point.

pete319

Re: Reference Input
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 01:47:24 AM »
I submitted my paperwork in December 2010 and received my permit April 16th 2011. I had someone check the "NO" box.
There is really nothing to worry about. As long as you check out with your back ground you will be fine. None of my references were contacted.
 ;D