Author Topic: Hooters  (Read 10803 times)

g23

Hooters
« on: April 20, 2011, 05:51:06 PM »
So i went to the Hooters on Kirkwood hwy this past weekend and they have a big sign on the wall that says " NO concealed weapons"  I asked the manager why the sudden change and he said that was always a policy but it was only posted with a small sign before. I asked if you could open carry there and he said they were fine with that ???   I would think you would just make it no weapons at all not just  concealed.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Hooters
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 09:31:45 PM »
Sounds brilliant to me?? I guess I'm not going to hooters  :'(

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 11:09:07 PM »
Semi-hot women who pretend to like me to get more of my money, and who don't want me to have a gun?

If I needed all that, I'd go back to my first wife...   ;D
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 11:28:59 PM »
LMAO! 

Ok, in all seriousness, I've never been to the Hooter's on Kirkwood Hwy. I flat out refuse to go to the one on Rt 13 because of the area and clientele. 

This just gives me a reason to not go to the one on Kirkwood Hwy either!  Open carry = allowed, Concealed carry = not allowed, makes NO sense.

Thanks for posting your observation, G23! 

Moosie 
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 11:49:53 PM »
I really am going to try hard to not make brilliant jokes about hooters and big guns or packing or anything else(said I would try, not succeed). Id be willing to bet the manager dosent even know that you can open carry. He probaly thinks that only the police would oc, so ofcourse theyre welcome. Who wants to go to lunch, open carrying as many weapons as we can fit on our belt? ;D. If somebody can lend me a g17 holster I can bring 6.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 11:53:12 PM by GunEnvy »
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 12:10:46 AM »
Welcome to hooters, Im your waitress Candy.....sir is that a gun in your pocket? 

No, Im just really glad to see you!

Im sorry but it wouldve bugged me if I didnt post it
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 12:34:54 AM »
I’m not sure why they are saying that OC would be okay, because some of the OC guys have been asked to leave from that location. 

Either way, out of sight, out of their mind.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 01:28:45 AM »
and crappy food as well.
New Castle County

Curly

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 02:27:09 PM »
They have food?

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 08:35:56 PM »
I know the Hooters in Rehoboth is OK with concealed carry. I was in there a couple of weeks ago and I spotted some 38's that were concealed, not by much but concealed none the less.  

(Not to change the subject but the auto-correct in Firefox wanted to change Rehoboth to Borehole. Anyone besides me see the humor in that?)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 12:00:51 AM by Hawkeye »

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Jay_DOBA

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 04:59:55 AM »
At least they got chicken!

I know the Hooters in Rehoboth is OK with concealed carry. I was in there a couple of weeks ago and I spotted some 38's that were concealed, not by much but concealed none the less.  

(Not to change the subject but the auto-correct in Firefox wanted to change Rehoboth to Borehole. Anyone besides me see the humor in that?)

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 12:06:41 PM »
Welcome to hooters, Im your waitress Candy.....sir is that a gun in your pocket? 

No, Im just really glad to see you!

Im sorry but it wouldve bugged me if I didnt post it

But, OC is OK?!?
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

deman

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 01:28:11 PM »
I have been to both Hooters in New Castle County Delaware and had no issues carrying. One of the managers was a reference for me when I applied for my permit. My understanding is some corporate geek decided that rule. And my understanding is as a corporate policy all they can do is ask you to leave as they reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. My feeling is if they can't see it they can't ask me to leave. The waitresses joke about me going to the bar and drinking nothing but soda. I blame it on the fact I'm riding my motorcycle and don't drink and ride. Even on bike night with Troopers on duty I have never had a problem.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 10:51:00 PM »
Green is the color of universal acceptance.  Hooters will not turn away greenbacks. I love their grouper sandwich...Just wait about 30 minutes for it to cool enough to eat.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 05:48:13 PM »
At least they got chicken!
Sorry cant let this one go.....
Yes the have lots of chicken, they specialize in breast  ;D
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.