Author Topic: Log of my CCW process...  (Read 9187 times)

rusirius

Log of my CCW process...
« on: May 06, 2011, 01:05:22 PM »
Just figured I'd post up a log of my process of obtaining my CCDW.  Just for kicks.. ;)

May 4th, 2011  -  Scheduled class for May 19th
May 5th, 2011  -  Ordered a CBH Supertuck.
May 6th, 2011  -  Place notice in "The Guide" to be run May 11th.  Affidavit will be mailed to me May 12th.
May 6th, 2011  -  Scheduled appointment with Troop #4 for fingerprinting on June 1st. (Earliest date available!!!)
May 11th, 2011 -  Verified that my notice did run in "The Guide".  Should get affidavit in mail in a couple of days.
May 13th, 2011 -  Affidavit from "The Guide" arrived in the mail today.
May 19th, 2011 -  Took my CCDW course with Kirk Marino from Marino Tactical.  Learned a lot and had fun doing it!
May 23rd, 2011 -  Picked up the last of my 5 references.
May 24th, 2011 -  Got my notarized certificate from my CCDW course
June 1st, 2011  -  Went to Troop 4 SBI for fingerprints and background check.
June 2nd, 2011  -  Took my "mugshot" this morning and printed them out the appropriate size.
June 2nd, 2011  -  Filed all my paperwork with the Prothonotary.  Everything was in order.
July 2nd, 2011  -  YES!  Arrived in the mail today.  I'm official!!!

I'll keep this updated as things progress!!!

Exactly 1 month to the day from the day I filed, and not quite 2 months total from beginning the process...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 01:59:48 AM by rusirius »

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: Log of my CCW process...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 12:00:38 AM »
Remember, after you're "printed" you have 30 days to get your paperwork in.
You do NOT have to file your course completion cert at the time of filing your paperwork (I didn't).

I'm sure it will be  a LITTLE faster if you do (STILL a flappin SLOW process).

Keep a copy for your records.

---------------------------------------------------

Sit down and (cough) enjoy the WAIT, it will be a LONG one.  Dont run to the mailbox until after 90 days...  But if you're like most of us, you'll start after a week.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

rusirius

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 12:40:40 AM »
Remember, after you're "printed" you have 30 days to get your paperwork in.
You do NOT have to file your course completion cert at the time of filing your paperwork (I didn't).

I'm sure it will be  a LITTLE faster if you do (STILL a flappin SLOW process).

Keep a copy for your records.

---------------------------------------------------

Sit down and (cough) enjoy the WAIT, it will be a LONG one.  Dont run to the mailbox until after 90 days...  But if you're like most of us, you'll start after a week.

Awesome... Thanks for the advice.  Filing within 30 days of printing shouldn't be a problem as it'll be the last thing I'm waiting for at that point.  I'll probably file the paperwork the following day.

MarinoTactical

• www.marinotactical.com
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 04:22:08 PM »
Just a tip for you, never outshoot the instructor on the dueling tree. He could "accidentally" forget to sign the course certificate!
Great job yesterday!
Marino Tactical Training, Inc.
Certified Instructors for
National Rifle Association
Glock Certified Armorer and Professional Instructor
Utah BCI
Delaware Council on Police Training(COPT)
marinotactical@gmail.com
302-542-3755
www.trainforthefight.com

rusirius

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 01:03:26 AM »
Just a tip for you, never outshoot the instructor on the dueling tree. He could "accidentally" forget to sign the course certificate!
Great job yesterday!

LMAO!  We'll stick to the story of bad ammunition... ;)

I posted it in another thread, but I'd do it here too.  Kirk's class was great!  The drills were really awesome and I really feel like I not only learned a lot then, but took a lot away that I can use to continue practice.  Worth every penny and then some!

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 01:47:09 AM »
New Castle County

rusirius

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 02:37:51 AM »
Only one thing remaining before I file, and that's the fingerprinting on June 1st.  Plan on filing on June 2nd.  Then we'll just play the waiting game!

rusirius

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 03:06:39 PM »
Well, everything on my end is wrapped up and complete.  Now it's just the waiting game.

The lady at the Prothonotary's office told me that it would take about 2 months.  Which would put me at 3 months total for the process.

One thing I asked, and she confirmed is that often times a large portion of what takes so long is the fingerprints and background check to come back.  Apparently it sometimes takes 4-6 weeks to get the info returned.  Add to that the fact that it was almost a full month from the day I called to when they actually scheduled me, that's almost 2 to 2 1/2 months just for their part.  I didn't ask, but I'm assuming that has to be returned before they can even submit everything to the AG.  So it sounds like the actual Prothonotary -> AG -> Judge process really doesn't take that long, it's the background check that does.  So with that in mind, for anyone looking to start this process, I would make the first priority calling to set up an appointment for that!

Anyway, less than a month for me to get everything squared away to file, and now we'll see just how long it takes till I get everything back!

BTW, one last thing... Make sure you have everything in order, and make sure you have the duplicates of all the forms already done.  She seemed very pleased that I had that, and indicated that apparently a lot don't... Seemed almost like a pet peeve of hers... Who knows, maybe she'll throw me on the top of the pile... LMFAO!  ;) 

Thlax

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 12:37:54 AM »
2 months is a joke...I filled march 25. Finger prints were done 10 days before. And I personally know the judge who does all the final approvals...

Thlax

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 12:38:32 AM »
..... Still waiting and no phone call update.

Animal66

• NRA Member
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 08:47:15 AM »
2 months is nothing....i been waiting over 4 months and
still haven't head anything. They got so jammed up in renewals
that when I called they would even check on the status of mine.
So this is actually 17 weeks for me. Guess i will try to call today.

Good luck everyone!

MarinoTactical

• www.marinotactical.com
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 10:05:24 AM »
Just talked to a guy from Sussex County who took my class a while back. He got his permit in just over 2 months. Maybe he was just lucky!
Marino Tactical Training, Inc.
Certified Instructors for
National Rifle Association
Glock Certified Armorer and Professional Instructor
Utah BCI
Delaware Council on Police Training(COPT)
marinotactical@gmail.com
302-542-3755
www.trainforthefight.com

Thlax

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 04:53:01 PM »
Idk where the OP is located. But I'm in NCC in the slow wait as I believe the gentleman above is also in NCC with his 4mo wait.

Seems everywhere else besides NCC (including all other states!) seem to be faster. Grr.

rusirius

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2011, 06:50:54 PM »
Idk where the OP is located. But I'm in NCC in the slow wait as I believe the gentleman above is also in NCC with his 4mo wait.

Seems everywhere else besides NCC (including all other states!) seem to be faster. Grr.
Yup, Sussex here...

Animal66

• NRA Member
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 09:06:08 AM »

Yup I am from NCC as well.