Author Topic: Log of my CCW process...  (Read 9186 times)

rocketman

Re: Log of my CCW process...
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2011, 10:24:26 AM »
mine in nc county took 6 months to th week. that was last year

rusirius

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011, 02:05:20 AM »
Woo Hoo!!!  It's a July 4th (Well, 2nd) celebration!!!

We were gone all day and just arrived home and checked my mailbox... Seeing an envelope from the prothonotary I thought, "Oh no, did I screw something up in the paperwork???"

Opened it up to find a shiny new CCDW permit!

AWESOME!  Exactly 1 month from the day I filled the app at the courthouse, and just shy of 2 months from the day I started the process.  Way better than expected after hearing the horror stories on here!

I've heard people talk about the size of this thing and I'll be honest I was thinking, "bah, i'm sure with a little trimming it'll fit just fine in my wallet..."  Well let me tell you, this thing is freaking huge... LOL.  Even trimming down all the excess laminate I could without breaking the seal and having it fall apart, it still won't even begin to fit.  In fact, just the paper card itself without the laminate edges is almost EXACTLY the same size as a credit card.  If not just a tad bigger.

There is however plenty of white border around it, so I'm thinking I can trim it down closer to the edges and then relaminate and it shouldn't be any problem.

Well, there ya have it!  So if you're filing in Sussex county, you might not have much of a wait after all!

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 10:25:12 AM »
RUSirius,

CONGRATS!!!!  welcome to "the other side".  :) 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2011, 02:20:27 PM »
Congrats, it sure is a great feeling!

rusirius

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2011, 12:41:51 AM »
Indeed...  Just to get used to the idea I've been carrying whenever I'm at home.  I think that made a huge difference in how comfortable I was making the transition.  I carried all day today including several errands and lunch at Grottos... Didn't feel strange or out of place at all, despite wearing a shirt that just barely went below my waist band.  I expected to be constantly worried about it being exposed, but found I wasn't at all... and of course never did...

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2011, 01:08:13 AM »
Welcome aboard.
You will find yourself acquiring different holsters (and guns) for various situations.
That's part of the fun: having a rig that will hide a Die Hard-worthy semi-auto, and a pocket holster for casual corporate environments, and other setups (the car cannon, the BUG, etc.).
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

bs369

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2011, 02:58:30 PM »
FYI, just received my DE permit. Filed at Kent County exactly 5 weeks and 2 days ago. In fact, the day that I filed it happened to be moving day for the Clerk's office to the new Court House, it was a madhouse when I went in and I thought, sure as hell my application is going to be misplaced. So I was sure surprised this morning with it arriving. By the way, it's just a wee bit larger than my DL so it fits in my credit card case, snug, but it goes...
NJFOP7 Retired Sgt NJMP Retired USCG CWO 54-74 RVN 69-70

Silverking

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 09:59:40 PM »
That was amazingly quick from submission of data to permit.  I submitted all data in January and did not receive permit until August.

rusirius

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2011, 12:44:08 AM »
That was amazingly quick from submission of data to permit.  I submitted all data in January and did not receive permit until August.

Wow!  In Sussex county?