Author Topic: New Permit Finally  (Read 7845 times)

allischalmersman

New Permit Finally
« on: May 20, 2011, 02:31:26 AM »
Received my permit today.  Little over 9 weeks in Kent County if anyone is interested.  This includes submitting the training with the documents all at once. 

I know this has been discussed.....but I'm going to do it again anyway. This thing is PATHETIC! Who was the genius that decided to size these things so they wont fit in a wallet like a normal ID? I went to Staples today and got it copied @ 85% and re-laminated both the smaller copy and the original since the lam job was so terrible to begin with. I will keep the original in my truck, and the copy in my wallet since it fits. The original really looks like something a 14 year old kid made with Photoshop. I seriously could make a more official looking document myself. As much money and time this process takes I would think they could invest in an ID maker. Pathetic that they are inferior to a Community College :o

I know the prothonotary is different than the DMV and all, but why couldn't they work out some kind of program that allow you to go get a new drivers license that has a Concealed Deadly Weapon endorsement? Just list it on the back same as my motorcycle endorsement.

John

Re: New Permit Finally
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 01:34:38 PM »
I can't agree with you more.  Look how nice the FL permit is.  Looks just like your driver's liscense and only takes two weeks to get it.

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 04:01:18 PM »
Congrats man!!!

MarinoTactical

• www.marinotactical.com
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 04:18:19 PM »
Congrats. "An armed society is a polite society!"
Marino Tactical Training, Inc.
Certified Instructors for
National Rifle Association
Glock Certified Armorer and Professional Instructor
Utah BCI
Delaware Council on Police Training(COPT)
marinotactical@gmail.com
302-542-3755
www.trainforthefight.com

Schmenge

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 05:04:00 PM »
The DE permit is pathetic isn't it? While I was in VA, I was really worried that a VA cop would stop me and lock me up as soon as he saw that POS permit.
Schmenge
NRA Patron Member

ellington

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 12:31:02 AM »
Please don't get me started on a rant... I'm at 9 weeks in NCC and haven't heard ANYTHING yet. My girl and I both applied at the same time and both of us have yet to hear a peep. RIDICULOUS!!! The lady in the prothonotary is cool, but I'm PISSED!!! Nonetheless, CONGRATS!!!
"Don't pull the thang out unless you plan to bang. Don't even bang unless you plan to hit something." Andre 3000

Animal66

• NRA Member
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 05:34:50 PM »
Im at 4 months in NCC. Haven't heard a word, and when I called
they told me that they are so busy with the renewals that She can't help
me or let me know the status. Told me to call back after 31 May.

Thlax

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 05:57:17 PM »
Ouch. I'm at 2 months. Looks like August or September for me I'm guessing.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 09:03:45 PM »

I know this has been discussed.....but I'm going to do it again anyway. This thing is PATHETIC! Who was the genius that decided to size these things so they wont fit in a wallet like a normal ID? I went to Staples today and got it copied @ 85% and re-laminated both the smaller copy and the original since the lam job was so terrible to begin with. I will keep the original in my truck, and the copy in my wallet since it fits. The original really looks like something a 14 year old kid made with Photoshop. I seriously could make a more official looking document myself. As much money and time this process takes I would think they could invest in an ID maker. Pathetic that they are inferior to a Community College :o
Whats wrong with the permit? my 7 year old makes them as a side job.  ;D
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 11:51:13 PM »
LMAO! Sig!!!  I thought maybe your 4 year old was making them.  Perhaps the 7 year old is just a supervisor? 

Too funny.  Thanks for the laugh.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 12:34:03 AM »
I need to re laminate it this Saturday while I'm at work it has come off it completely. This will give me the chance to cut it down some.  ;D
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 01:22:39 AM »
@@@@ it, how about laminating mine too?!  Geez.  Where's your 7 year old when I need him.  I'm done talking to middle management, I want to talk to upper management now! lol 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

DeWriter

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 08:20:54 PM »
To all who are still waiting ... Keep your chin up. Mine took four and a half months!!! javascript:void(0); Then, when it got here it had the wrong expiration date on it and they had to print it all over again.javascript:void(0); Only took ten days for the correction. And, the only thing it will fit into without surgery is a big ole trucker's wallet.  javascript:void(0);

allischalmersman

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2011, 03:57:46 AM »
Four months..that's ridiculous.  I feel lucky now.

rocketman

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2011, 10:28:08 AM »
sit back and relax it took them 6 months to get mine done