Author Topic: Reference Questionnaire  (Read 2813 times)

terbe

Reference Questionnaire
« on: May 25, 2011, 05:35:49 PM »
I just started the process of obtaining a CCW permit and had a question about the 5 references.
Besides being residents of good standing in my county, are there any other stipulations?
I was wondering can you only get one per household, or if you can't use a relative or any other issues along those lines.
Thanks for the help.
Tom

rusirius

Re: Reference Questionnaire
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 05:52:30 PM »
Tom,
    At the very top of the form you'll find that it specifically states that the reference can not be a relative.  Otherwise you can use pretty much anyone.  However, I have heard incidents of people having their references rejected because their reference did not have a clean background.  So try to be selective of who you choose.  Likewise, while it doesn't state anything to that effect, it seems to me that the general consensus is that it has to be someone who has known you for at least 5 years.  As far as more than one per household (i.e. perhaps a friend and his wife) I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem, though it would probably look better if they weren't.

terbe

Re: Reference Questionnaire
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 06:17:04 PM »
rusirius,
Thank you.
I knew I read the part about the relatives somewhere, don't know how I missed the HUGE BOLD letters at the top of the form. :-[ Must have been the scrolling through the doc electronically that messed me up. :)