Author Topic: Baker worked to protect Concealed Weapons Licensing Trust Fund From Budget Raids  (Read 8157 times)

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Sen. Carey Baker worked to protect Concealed Weapons Licensing Trust Fund From Budget Raids

Monday, February 09, 2009

Senator Carey Baker today received praise from Marion Hammer, Executive Director of Unified Sportsmen of Florida and NRA past president, for his efforts to preserve the Concealed Weapons Licensing Trust Fund. 

"Sen. Baker helped keep $5 million of gun owners money from being transferred into General Revenue to fund programs not related to gun owners," said Ms. Hammer.  "That money, by law, is only supposed to be used to run the gun licensing program.  Sen. Baker helped preserve the integrity and fiscal stability of the trust fund by fighting to protect it."

The Concealed Weapons Licensing trust fund is administered by  the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and provides capital for the process of approving concealed weapons applications and granting licenses. 

“Given the historic number of concealed weapons permits the state is receiving, it was important this fund was left largely untouched in order to meet the demand,” said Senator Carey Baker.  “I am committed to preserving Floridians’ access to carrying their firearms and protecting this fund was critical to that commitment.”

Copyright 2009, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.
This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.

" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.