Author Topic: Application denials  (Read 4329 times)

bs369

Application denials
« on: June 14, 2011, 01:17:15 PM »
Anyone have any idea on how many applications are just denied? Even when meeting all necessary requirements? Maybe those providing the training would have an idea?
NJFOP7 Retired Sgt NJMP Retired USCG CWO 54-74 RVN 69-70

rusirius

Re: Application denials
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 06:19:15 PM »
I'm stating opinion here, and it's really not based on anything other than what I've seen from watching various forums etc...  But I don't think ANYONE who doesn't have some sort of background issue gets denied...  If they do it's probably a mistake...

I think as long as you don't have any background issues and everything else is in order (you've got your training, you ran your ad, you have 5 valid references and they don't have background issues, etc...) then you won't be denied...  You might even be asked to elaborate on your justification for wanting to carry, but you won't be denied...

What do I base this on?  The fact that on this forum and other forums you see LOTS of logs of people getting their CCDW.  You see people all the time saying they just received their permit in the mail or whatever...  You never see anyone say, "Ohh, I got a denial letter".  At least not without it being followed with a "It says because I was convicted of xxxxx but that was like 5 years ago!" or some sillyness like that...

Spend any time on any forum and you'll learn one thing very quickly...  When things don't go a persons way, they tend to be much more vocal.  If there were even a small percentage of people getting denied for absolutely no reason at all, you can pretty well bet there would be a stink raised all over the various forums about it.

MarinoTactical

• www.marinotactical.com
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 01:17:36 AM »
I only know of one person who met all requirements being denied. Someone who was familiar with the applicant(and his propensity for violence and "recreational" drug use) saw his notice in the paper and contacted the AG's office. Even thought the guy was total scum, he had managed to avoid criminal charges. The application was denied, so the applicant filed an appeal. Upon showing up late and cursing at the Judge, his appeal was also denied.
As far as moral, law-abiding citizens, I know of none who were denied.
Marino Tactical Training, Inc.
Certified Instructors for
National Rifle Association
Glock Certified Armorer and Professional Instructor
Utah BCI
Delaware Council on Police Training(COPT)
marinotactical@gmail.com
302-542-3755
www.trainforthefight.com

bs369

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 03:00:52 PM »
I guess worrying about being denied for age was all for naught, Permit arrived today, 5weeks2days from Kent County. Thanks to all that replied with info..
NJFOP7 Retired Sgt NJMP Retired USCG CWO 54-74 RVN 69-70

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 01:40:07 AM »
Congrats bs369!!
New Castle County

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 11:54:01 PM »
Congrats
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.