Author Topic: Ga man with ccwd arrested in newark De.  (Read 8959 times)

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Ga man with ccwd arrested in newark De.
« on: June 20, 2011, 10:01:15 PM »
Did you hear about this guy? He is one of the ones that can give us a bad name. This is the only article I seen , not alot of info. http://www.wgmd.com/?p=27270

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Re: Ga man with ccwd arrested in newark De.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 10:38:19 PM »
First class moron.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 11:14:15 PM »
I certainly agree that he is a moron. I can't figure out what (or if) he was thinking:

1) He has a carry permit, but didn't know (or care) it wasn't valid in Delaware.
We live smack in between the NJSSR and the People's Republic of Maryland, so maybe we have a higher awareness of places we aren't welcome...
2) He obviously wasn't planning to hurt anyone...
If he was, he would have chosen the .45, right? And, he would already have done the damage before the police arrived.
3) He had drugs in the car.
Sure, it was just marijuana, which arguably should be legal, but it ain't legal... and those of us who carry generally show a heightened respect for, and attention to, laws that might get us a ride in the back of a Police Interceptor.
4) He let someone see his gun.
I always say that having a concealed firearm is like having two penises... in that, if you flash either one of them in public, the cops will be called.

All in all, the facts do add up to "genius."
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 12:32:44 AM »
ROFL!!!!   OMG, that is hysterical and SO right!

The guy is a complete moron. First, why in the hell wouldn't he use a holster instead of just shoving the gun in his waistband?! 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Gorski

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 12:43:18 AM »
ROFL as well, UNBELEIVABLE, does make you wonder what some folks are thinking...or not....
Never leave home without it!
New Castle County

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 12:48:36 AM »
Old Grey, #4 Is very true and gave me one h#!! of a laugh!

rusirius

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 01:37:48 AM »
ROFL!!!!   OMG, that is hysterical and SO right!

The guy is a complete moron. First, why in the hell wouldn't he use a holster instead of just shoving the gun in his waistband?! 

Moosie

I'll agree the guy is a moron, but there really isn't any way of knowing for sure he didn't have a holster.  If someone saw me put my pistol in my supertuck they would almost certainly think I was just shoving it in my waistband.  Nothing really shows but the clip and above that flesh colored leather.  From a distance you'd never know it was a holster.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 11:26:50 AM »
Agreed that some holsters are concealable, but unless you've trimmed your sweat guard down, you'd still be able to see the top of it. Atleast on mine you can.  The article said that a citizen saw him stick the gun in his waistband. 

Still a moron in my book, regardless of whether he put the gun in a holster in his waistband, or just in his waistband. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

rusirius

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 12:00:07 PM »
Agreed that some holsters are concealable, but unless you've trimmed your sweat guard down, you'd still be able to see the top of it. Atleast on mine you can.  The article said that a citizen saw him stick the gun in his waistband. 

Still a moron in my book, regardless of whether he put the gun in a holster in his waistband, or just in his waistband. 

Moosie

Maybe it's because my genetic code is 1/3rd horse.   ???  LOL, but on my supertuck (which is made from horsehide) the sweat guard is a pretty close match to my own skin.  If someone were 20ft or more away I don't think they'd ever notice the sweat guard, ESPECIALLY if they had that typical  :o zeroing in on the gun itself.

Now not to be argumentative... But I will anyway...   I'm not sure moron actually describes this guy very well... It would seem to be an insult to honest to goodness morons all over the world...   ;D

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 09:43:39 AM »

I always say that having a concealed firearm is like having two penises...

Well maybe, but my firearm doesn't accidentally discharge when I clean it.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 10:49:41 AM »

Maybe it's because my genetic code is 1/3rd horse.   ???  LOL, but on my supertuck (which is made from horsehide) the sweat guard is a pretty close match to my own skin.  If someone were 20ft or more away I don't think they'd ever notice the sweat guard, ESPECIALLY if they had that typical  :o zeroing in on the gun itself.

Now not to be argumentative... But I will anyway...   I'm not sure moron actually describes this guy very well... It would seem to be an insult to honest to goodness morons all over the world...   ;D
[/quote]

LOL, ok ok.  I guess I just can't see him slipping a firearm into a holster as he would just his waistband.  I don't care how often you do it, there's a little more movement involved in putting it into a holster (IMO).  But aside from that, why would he be carrying it in his trunk if he was going to carry concealed anyway? I mean, if you're in the car and it's too uncomfortable to wear for the duration of your trip (assuming you're driving up from GA).  Since we don't have all the details, I still say something stinks about this whole situation. 

And no.. you're not being argumentative. I can see your point about the holster.  :D

Moosie

rusirius

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 12:25:15 PM »
But aside from that, why would he be carrying it in his trunk if he was going to carry concealed anyway? I mean, if you're in the car and it's too uncomfortable to wear for the duration of your trip (assuming you're driving up from GA).  Since we don't have all the details, I still say something stinks about this whole situation. 

We don't have all the details, but we can speculate... That's half the fun!

So, why on earth would he have had it in the trunk... Well... on the drive up from GA to here, the only state that has reciprocity is NC.  So if I had to guess, I'd say that he stopped at the GA line before entering SC and stowed it in the trunk so he wasn't violating SC law (aside from the Mary Jane...  ;D)

Now I realize what you're now shouting at your computer screen...  "Don't be a fool, that's ridiculous... If he was so "up and current" on reciprocity laws, then he would have known it wasn't valid in DE too...

But again, we don't know all the details... I suspect that the 18grams of marijuana found with him originally started out as a kilo... It's a long drive from GA to DE.  Gotta have something to help pass the time!  :o ;D :D

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 01:54:52 AM »
He was from Georgia kids.  Maybe he couldn't read!   :)

JasXDtact45

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 04:05:34 AM »
Hello all,

I came across this article researching Delaware gun laws and it appears to apply to this story/thread. This guy sounds like a complete moonshot. Quite a story and a vivid imagination.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 04:09:50 PM »
Even if he was in compliance with the federal regs. for transporting a gun (unloaded gun in locked trunk or gun vault, ammo in glove box) the fact he was carrying marijuana negates his CC permit and will probably cost him his permit in Ga. I'll also bet he doesn't show up for trial in Delaware. He'll probably forfiet bond. You know the drill, "catch me if you can".
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun