Author Topic: Access to Guns Is Due to Government Racism?  (Read 2429 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Access to Guns Is Due to Government Racism?
« on: June 25, 2011, 11:34:50 AM »
I don't understand how anybody this brilliant can make it to such a high level position.  Wait, this is in Chicago? Never mind.

Chicago's new top cop says the accessibility to firearms in America is an extension "of government-sponsored racism" that goes back to the days of slavery and Jim Crow.

"Now I want you to connect one more dot on that chain of the African American history in this country, and tell me if I’m crazy. Federal gun laws that facilitate the flow of illegal firearms, into our urban centers across this country, that are killing our black and brown children," he said.

Hmmm... yes, you are crazy.

What is killing your black and brown children are your black and brown criminals.  What is killing your black and brown children is your oppressive gun control in which law abiding citizens are not allowed to carry firearms to protect themselves.

As long as there are people like this who are quick to use fear mongering, victimization, displaced blame and the specter of institutional racism then an intelligent discussion on social issues is not possible.

http://www.wlsam.com/Article.asp?id=2221691&spid=

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: Access to Guns Is Due to Government Racism?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 02:56:48 PM »
So-called "gun control" has always been based in racism and class discrimination.
The first laws against "concealed weapons" were passed in the Jim Crow South. Current laws in many states, including Delaware, have the effect (if not the intent) of pricing the carry permit out of reach of the poor.

To claim that selling guns is racist is a real stretch of the imagination... making it impossible for poor law-abiding citizens in urban hellholes like Chicago to own them is the truly racist policy.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

czer

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 09:44:27 PM »
OldGraygeek, you have your history right. Blacks (and of course, slaves) were not allowed to own guns during the "Jim Crow" era, which was the period after the Civil War, when the South tried to cancel the sacrifice of hundreds of thousands of Northern soldiers who died fighting for their freedom (including approximately 1,000 Delaware soldiers).

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 10:46:44 PM »
Isn't it ironic that your 2nd amendment is to protect you against an out of control government but they are the ones that have the power to keep you from buying a firearm  :-\. ( or obtaining a ccdw)