Author Topic: New Castle County Renewal & NEW Permit Update  (Read 9973 times)

Animal66

• NRA Member
Re: New Castle County Renewal & NEW Permit Update
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 09:33:38 AM »
Anyone else receive theirs yet? Anyone in late feb or march ?

I submitted in january and am still waiting. A few weeks ago they told me
It was in the AG's office. Approved ordenied I would like a response. It. Is. Past 6 months and the suspense is killing me

cherokee kid

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2011, 02:06:25 PM »
Thanks for the e-mail address.  I received a reply which stated that my app. was at the AG's office, no further info. was available.  Contacted AG's office and was informed that they were finishing w/renewals and were now into new apps.

cherokee kid

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 02:46:47 PM »
UPDATE: I applied on 3-1-11, I contacted the AG's office again for more info.  I was informed that they didn't receive it from the prothonotary's office until the 1st week of July(it took 4 months for them to get). The investigatiion was completed w/i 2 weeks and returned to the prothonotary's office on 7-29. Re-contacted their office on 8-1 and was now informed that they had it. However, the judge was on vacation and they were going to try an determine when he would return(only 1 judge in NCC).
Now I wait.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 04:01:47 PM »
That sucks, but ....  You're almost there.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

SKYDIVR

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 02:14:07 AM »
We'll I'm just shy of 3 months in (Applied 5-11) and man I didn't think the wait would be this painful. On a good note I finally got a call back from X-Ring regarding a specific XD .40 I was looking for. The day I took my CCDW class with Dave Johnson (early May) I stopped by X-Ring and asked if they had or could get their hands on an OD Green XD .40. Bob said he would see what he could do, took my name and number, and said he would let me know.

To my surprise I received a call from Bob last Thursday (8-4) and he told me he just got his hands on a used, but pristine OD Green XD .40. Needless to say I found my way to X-Ring by the end of the day and I'm now the proud owner of a Springfield Armory .40 cal. Overall my experience with X-Ring is very positive, even today I'm still surprised he remembered me by only writing down some basic info on a legal pad.

Hopefully I get the chance to take it up to Target master later this week to break it in. All the extra practice before receiving my permit is not a bad thing! I'll post my review of the XD when I get a chance.

Thanks to all for the continued posts regarding NCCo wait times. Hopefully we get some April/May approvals soon...

« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 02:36:20 AM by SKYDIVR »

dweber1188

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2011, 12:12:20 PM »
Well, it finally got here.

Renewal app sent in on April 4 and permit received August 8

Thlax

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2011, 11:01:45 PM »
Woops, read ^ that too fast. Yours was renewal.

Man, they have got to get on these.

Still waiting for my new. Submitted 3/25
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 11:06:48 PM by Thlax »