Author Topic: Chambered for her pleasure?  (Read 11881 times)

Condition 1

• Life Member
Re: Chambered for her pleasure?
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2011, 07:12:28 PM »
Thanks for the link!  That's really interesting...  One thing to note (for the original point though) is that from 3 ft it wouldn't fire... From 4 ft it took a steel .45 FP to do so and even then only when hitting concrete.  The point being, when talking about the original application (i.e. is there a danger of accidental discharge when carrying condition 1) it's my opinion that this chart actually shows that the risk is practically non-existent.  Assuming the pistol stays in it's holster it's definitely a non-issue.  If it were to drop accidentally out of the holster, unless you're the green giant it's going to be from under 4 ft.  Even at 4 ft, the combination of the probability of it dropping (especially while standing) combined with the probability of it hitting concrete combined with the probability of it hitting the muzzle perfectly all add up to some pretty rare odds and again in my opinion make it almost if not entirely a non-issue.

Excellent observation. And that is the reason I have no problems carrying a good 1911 series 70 in Condition1, 9mm FP and extra strong Wolf springs. I find the tradeoff of carrying a gun I am confortable and practice with outweights the almost non-existent risk of having a AD for dropping the gun.

Quote from: rusirius
One thing that IS worth pointing out, and this goes for ANY weapon...  If you drop it, LET IT FRIGGING GO!!!  Don't try to catch the @@@@ thing... When we catch dropping things we tend to spread our fingers out and try to get them "stuck" in any where they can... In the case of a handgun, that means inside the trigger guard, and usually ends up with squeezing the trigger!

Another excellent observation, never ever try to catch the pistol in the air.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:15:56 PM by Condition 1 »