Author Topic: Galco King Tuk IWB  (Read 5626 times)

Ex USCG

Galco King Tuk IWB
« on: July 22, 2011, 07:45:14 PM »
I recently purchased a CB Super Tuck for my Sig 229 but was told it might take up to 6 weeks to arrive.  Since I just recently got my CCDW, I was anxious to get started carrying.  I did some quick but thorough research and found the Galco King Tuk IWB holster made for my Sig. It was available through Cabelas for immediate shipment for $54.99.  I received it the next day and I have to say (IMHO) this is a great holster.  I am tall and skinny, and this holster conceals my gun very nicely.  Much like the CB, the Galco is adjustable for ride height and angle.  The disadvantages would be less options than CB; ie. no horsehide and the Galco comes in combat cut only (at least through Cabelas).  I prefer the combat cut, but obviously not everyone does. The standard leather is quite comfortable and it has great retention properties, so I have found no issues with this holster yet.  I have no intentions of cancelling my CB order, I just thought I'd throw out a quick review of this particular Galco holster in case anyone finds themselves in my position where six weeks is just too long to wait.  I am not saying its in any way better than the CB, but I found the quality and comfort of the King Tuk to be well above my expectations.  The real test comparison will be made when the CB holster arrives at my door.

http://www.galcogunleather.com/HolsterPT3.asp?ProductID=4076&CatalogID=7
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:46:48 PM by Ex USCG »

John

Re: Galco King Tuk IWB
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 08:48:25 PM »
I love the King Tuk.  I've been wearing it for about a month and I can't tell any difference from my CB. 

Ex USCG

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 12:40:56 PM »
John-  Now that I have been wearing it everyday for about 10 days now, I have to say I can hardly tell it is even there. It is just one of the holsters that seems to wear well and isn't irritating or cumbersome at all.  I am still very impressed that you can get such a high quality holster for a decent price that is actually Made in America.  Glad to hear you like yours as well.

ellington

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 10:34:10 PM »
I bought a King Tuck last weekend. My girl has a Crossbreed. It's really the exact same thing. Very minor differences. I'm still not sure about which one I prefer.
"Don't pull the thang out unless you plan to bang. Don't even bang unless you plan to hit something." Andre 3000

Hdrules

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 02:07:26 AM »
Ordered mine earlier this week from Copsplus.com . It was $47.96 just in case anyone was interested.