Author Topic: Liquor Stores  (Read 17797 times)

F16WarBird

• NRA Life Member
Liquor Stores
« on: July 31, 2011, 10:22:34 PM »
I know it's epically brilliant to drink in a bar while CCW.  Is it a violation to CCW while shopping at a liquor store in DE?

Thanks!

P.S.  And yes, I know you shouldn't drink ANYWHERE while CCW.   ;)

"They're saying goodbye in their own way. Playing outlawed tunes on outlawed pipes."

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: Liquor Stores
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 11:16:35 PM »
IANAL, YMMV, AMWPBL, ONViAoH* but:
To the best of my knowledge, neither bars nor liquor stores are off-limits while carrying legally in Delaware.

*(I Am Not A Lawyer. Your Mileage May Vary. Actual Mileage Will Probably Be Less. Offer Not Valid in Alaska or Hawaii). ;D
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

rusirius

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 11:58:46 PM »
IANAL, YMMV, AMWPBL, ONViAoH* but:
To the best of my knowledge, neither bars nor liquor stores are off-limits while carrying legally in Delaware.

*(I Am Not A Lawyer. Your Mileage May Vary. Actual Mileage Will Probably Be Less. Offer Not Valid in Alaska or Hawaii). ;D

Correct, even open carry is fine in a liquor store...

F16WarBird

• NRA Life Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 12:14:16 AM »
Since I'm still deployed, I haven't completed my CCW training yet.  There's places in Delaware that you don't have to conceal your weapon at all?   ???

I'm such a n00b.

"They're saying goodbye in their own way. Playing outlawed tunes on outlawed pipes."

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 02:26:18 AM »
You can open carry in DE.

F16WarBird

• NRA Life Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 02:45:23 AM »
I'm guessing that open carry is more of a PITA than CCW.  I mean, tooling around the neighborhood or working around the house with open carry doesn't seem to pose a problem.  But I envision static from employees/management if one was to visit Home Depot or Burger King, et al.

rusirius

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 11:55:50 AM »
It's not a personal choice that I make to do, but there are many others who do.  If you're up in NCC then it seems it's a bit more frequent to get hassled.  Around Kent and Sussex it's a little less likely.  Most businesses don't really pay much mind, and the worst they can do is ask you to leave.  The truth of the matter is, a decently dressed man or woman with a holstered sidearm on their side really doesn't draw near as much attention as you would think.  I know I've personally seen a couple of people in the past and not really paid much mind.  If you want more info there is a forum for the OC crowd, www.deloc.org.

As for places it's allowed/not allowed, basically anywhere you can concealed carry, you can open carry as well.  The exception being the City of Dover which requires a CCDW permit even to OC.  There's also something about parks in NCC that may or may not hold ground, but I don't remember the specifics...

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 01:11:09 PM »

EXCEPT Dover.

DELOC.ORG
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 02:41:47 PM »
I never knew that you couldn't oc in Dover. I guess I never looked into it because I cc anyhow . Thanks for the info.

F16WarBird

• NRA Life Member
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 05:14:42 PM »
Did many of you open carry while you waited for your CCW?

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 06:59:55 PM »
Not me.

F16WarBird

• NRA Life Member
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 07:10:56 PM »
I feel like there's a whole world out there I never knew about before.   :-[

rusirius

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 07:40:13 PM »

Nope, me either... The only times I have ever OCd are when I'm heading to the range and would throw my paddle holster on.  Generally speaking I rarely if ever stopped anywhere on the way.  After getting the CCDW, I just toss a shirt tail over it and I'm golden.. ;)  Less weird looks that way... ;)

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 12:46:09 AM »

Never tried it.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

mrjam2jab

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2011, 12:52:08 AM »

EXCEPT Dover.

DELOC.ORG

I do believe Dover requires a permit for OC or CC. 
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.