Author Topic: Liquor Stores  (Read 17929 times)

rocketman

Re: Liquor Stores
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 05:06:49 PM »
OC try it you may like it. best to have a good retention holster so the person in line behind you can't snatch your piece. if you have a gun that you can't get a retention holster for,(like one of the subcompact .380's) a soft  nylon one with a belt clip works well when placed in the front towards one side (like the area between your zipper and your pocket). if you oc in dover or philadelphia you must have a cc permit. when you oc you tend to take yourself out of the running as the bad guy's next target of opertunity  ;D

ellington

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 06:48:41 PM »
I'm terrified of OC'ing. I feel like people will stare at me and the cops will surely arrive to see what the little brown guy is doing with a Glock on his hip...
"Don't pull the thang out unless you plan to bang. Don't even bang unless you plan to hit something." Andre 3000

rusirius

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 08:27:35 PM »
I'm terrified of OC'ing. I feel like people will stare at me and the cops will surely arrive to see what the little brown guy is doing with a Glock on his hip...

If you really want to OC there's a solution to this...  Attach it to the side of your head (around the ear area) by wrapping several layers of duct tape around your head and the holster.  This offers several advantages...

First, you won't have a "Gun on your hip", so most people might not even notice you're carrying a weapon...

Second, it's much closer to your line of sight, so if you do have to engage it's much quicker to get a sight picture.

Third, Most people won't screw with someone crazier than they are, and there aren't many who would assume you less crazy than themselves walking around with a gun strapped to your head.

If you wanted, you could dual wield and put one on either side of your head... The advantage to this setup is that if you position them correctly, they'll not only be in the perfect position for reaching up and doing a cross-draw, but they'll also look like a standard set of blinders... People will just assume you're a horse, or one of those sexual deviants that like to pretend they're a horse...

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 10:09:01 PM »
I OC frequently around Milford, including the local liquor store.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

ellington

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 11:39:48 PM »
You make a great point. I'm headed to Christiana Mall right now to give it a go. Feel free to show up with a video camera in order to see how it goes...

If you really want to OC there's a solution to this...  Attach it to the side of your head (around the ear area) by wrapping several layers of duct tape around your head and the holster.  This offers several advantages...

First, you won't have a "Gun on your hip", so most people might not even notice you're carrying a weapon...

Second, it's much closer to your line of sight, so if you do have to engage it's much quicker to get a sight picture.

Third, Most people won't screw with someone crazier than they are, and there aren't many who would assume you less crazy than themselves walking around with a gun strapped to your head.

If you wanted, you could dual wield and put one on either side of your head... The advantage to this setup is that if you position them correctly, they'll not only be in the perfect position for reaching up and doing a cross-draw, but they'll also look like a standard set of blinders... People will just assume you're a horse, or one of those sexual deviants that like to pretend they're a horse...
"Don't pull the thang out unless you plan to bang. Don't even bang unless you plan to hit something." Andre 3000

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2011, 12:18:32 AM »
Ellington,

Christiana Mall is a NO CARRY LOCATION!  They have signs posted at some (not all) entrances.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

czer

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2011, 02:00:08 PM »
I guess I do not see the point of open carry, except as a political statement. There are too many advantages of concealed carry - like surprising the bad guy and not unnecessarily alarming those who are afraid of guns. As a political statement, that is, asserting your right to bear arms, it has the high probability of back firing onto the "bearers", by alarming the unarmed.

A much more practical and worthy political goal, IMHO, would be to organize a fight to streamline the CCW process in Delaware. It is a disgrace and something a free people should not put up with.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2011, 02:14:13 PM »
Ellington,

Christiana Mall is a NO CARRY LOCATION!  They have signs posted at some (not all) entrances.

Moosie

IANAL, YMMV, but:
Christiana Mall has a "code of conduct" posted at their mall entrances (but not at external store entrances, like Macy's or Target).
Patrons are asked not to carry firearms. This does not have force of law, but you would probably be asked to leave if anyone reported a "man with a gun" to mall security.

My take: We feel free to carry concealed in the mall. If asked to leave, we would.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

rocketman

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2011, 02:26:50 PM »
i tried the duct tape and gun on the head thing but found it to be to loud when fired

rocketman

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2011, 02:30:32 PM »
and regarding the mall/ protect your self first and worry about their brilliant P.C.rule later. the signs do not carry the weight of law. butt if axed to leave do so

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2011, 02:44:06 PM »
I carry everywhere except at places forbidden BY LAW. Since there is no law saying you cannot carry at the Christiana mall I will carry there until asked to leave. Since I always carry concealed chances are it will never happen.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2011, 02:49:18 PM »
Ellington,

Moosie

IANAL, YMMV, but:
Christiana Mall has a "code of conduct" posted at their mall entrances (but not at external store entrances, like Macy's or Target).
Patrons are asked not to carry firearms. This does not have force of law, but you would probably be asked to leave if anyone reported a "man with a gun" to mall security.

My take: We feel free to carry concealed in the mall. If asked to leave, we would.

I didnt say that I would or wouldn't carry concealed there at the mall (where I feel youre practicaly taking your life in your hands when you go)... but open carrying at the mall will end your trip quickly.  I for one do not want to find out what (if any) force of the law their signs carry.  

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

rusirius

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2011, 06:10:22 PM »
I guess I do not see the point of open carry, except as a political statement. There are too many advantages of concealed carry - like surprising the bad guy and not unnecessarily alarming those who are afraid of guns. As a political statement, that is, asserting your right to bear arms, it has the high probability of back firing onto the "bearers", by alarming the unarmed.

A much more practical and worthy political goal, IMHO, would be to organize a fight to streamline the CCW process in Delaware. It is a disgrace and something a free people should not put up with.

I personally choose to CC as well, and really never OC.  I suppose you could say I DO OC on occasion since often when headed to the range I will not cover up, but generally if I ever stop anywhere on the way it's simply to pay at the pump and get gas.

I personally agree with your assessment of the tactical advantages of staying concealed...

On the other hand... The OC crowd do have some good arguments of their own.  First and foremost is that they are much less likely to encounter an incident requiring them to use their weapon (and thus the need for the tactical advantage of being unknown) if they make themselves known. Their argument is that most would be BGs will not make their move on someone who they KNOW are armed.  Frankly, it's a good point.  Us "gun guys and gals" often defend the CC laws by stating that criminals are less likely to act when they know that the population may be carrying weapons.  That it doesn't result in bloodbaths in the street, but rather lowered crime rates.  So it goes to stand that same argument would stand if they KNEW a person was armed.

For me personally, I think the advantage or disadvantage all depends on what BG you happen to meet, and therefore chance.  Some bad guys intent on robbing a store would immediately stand down and move on to another target if they saw a cop inside getting coffee...  On the other hand, another BG just might get behind the cop and take him out first knowing he was the real threat.  It can go either way all depending on the state of mind.

For that reason, I personally feel that CC offers the best choice for me.  In the latter case above, I'm not a threat so I don't have that to worry about.  On the other hand, while I may not "prevent" it from taking place to begin with, at least then it's MY CHOICE as to rather to act on it or not.  The advantage is mine as well as the choice.

However, for all the reasons and more above, I don't believe one choice or another is the "right" choice for everyone.. I think it's up to the individual (as it should be) and ultimately it's what makes them feel the most safe.

rusirius

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 06:14:09 PM »
i tried the duct tape and gun on the head thing but found it to be to loud when fired

mrjam2jab

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2011, 10:49:59 PM »

How is not alarming hoplophobes an advantage?   
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.