State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Biden charges for protection?!?

(1/1)

GunEnvy:
http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20110803/NEWS02/108030336/Biden-first-protectee-charge-Secret-Service-rent?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Home|s

I wonder if he pays the taxpayers back for use of the planes, choppers or limos that he uses.

Hawkeye:
You would be surprised what we pay for in regards to Secret Service protection of our presidents and their families.  As a young military policeman at Ft Myer, VA, I was occasionally attached to work with the Secret Service.  Being an investigator at the time I got to work in plain clothes. I worked with Vice President Bush’s advance Secret Service team (that is the team that goes in early to set up for the arrival of the Vice President and then follows him out) on Memorial Day in 1981.  I got to talking with one of the agents and he told me about some of the things that had been going on.  During the Ford presidency Ford’s son Steven liked to hang out with some of his college friends in a house in Arlington, VA and smoke marijuana.  The Secret Service were not happy having to be the same house with people smoking weed so the tax payers paid for an alarm system on this private citizen’s house so that the Secret Service could monitor the president’s son from a van on the street.  I really have no way to validate that what the agent told me was true however I can attest to having that conversation.  So, paying rent to Biden?  No surpise here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version