Author Topic: Couple assaulted, robbed during home invasion  (Read 3652 times)

F16WarBird

• NRA Life Member
Couple assaulted, robbed during home invasion
« on: August 15, 2011, 07:42:08 PM »
BRIDGEVILLE, Del. - August 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- Bridgeville police a couple was assaulted and robbed during a home invasion.

It happened Sunday about 7 a.m. in the Laverty Lane Apartment complex. Bridgeville Police Chief Robert Longo tells The News Journal of Wilmington that the man and woman were asleep when they were confronted by three men wearing masks. The men displayed handguns and threatened the victims if they didn't give them cash. Two of the robbers searched the apartment while the third stayed with the victims. The men left with items from the apartment. Both victims were assaulted and taken to a local hospital

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/crime&id=8307606

"They're saying goodbye in their own way. Playing outlawed tunes on outlawed pipes."

John

Re: Couple assaulted, robbed during home invasion
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 09:56:55 PM »
Similar thing happend in Smyrna about two weeks ago.  sick.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 10:38:11 PM »
Its happening everywhere. I know of at least two incidents in the past week. Just upgraded my home security system from one very large dog to two very large dogs.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

F16WarBird

• NRA Life Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 11:17:24 PM »
Apart from the security system (which covers every door and window), I have deadbolts on the front and back door with a 1" drop.  The backdoor is a double cylinder since the lock is near the window.  All ground level windows have security laminates installed as well as glass breakage sensors.  All sliding windows have two breaker bars installed.  I have an extra heavy duty chain on the front door and the screen door is heavy duty welded with security weave and a deadbolt.  I'm installing motion sensor exterior lights on the sides of the house to compliment the ones I have in the fore and aft.

After they get throught that, they get to meet Mr. Mossy 500 and his 00 Buck pals.  ;-)

"They're saying goodbye in their own way. Playing outlawed tunes on outlawed pipes."

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 11:28:26 AM »
Just more reason to sleep with one eye open!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident