Author Topic: Best/fastest way for PA reciprocity ?  (Read 8001 times)

Thlax

Best/fastest way for PA reciprocity ?
« on: August 16, 2011, 04:02:55 AM »
Fl? Nh? PA? Utah?

What's the latest/best way to obtain reciprocity in PA for a DE holder?

Thanks

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: Best/fastest way for PA reciprocity ?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 11:33:55 AM »
Obtain a PA license. 

Oh, and I believe now you must pick your permit up in person.... before they mailed it to you in about a week and a half.  If Centre County still allows you to mail it in, it's cheaper, faster, and there's no picture on it... easy to laminate yourself.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 10:27:41 PM »
Obtain a PA license. 

Oh, and I believe now you must pick your permit up in person.... before they mailed it to you in about a week and a half.  If Centre County still allows you to mail it in, it's cheaper, faster, and there's no picture on it... easy to laminate yourself.

Moosie
Centre County is no longer an option, I have heard Lancaster is pretty easy and not sure about Chester.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 12:37:05 AM »
You may want to chek out AZ. I believe it covers more than PA and you can mail it in and it dosent take long.

Thlax

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 12:38:24 AM »
I know tons cover PA, trying to figure out fastest just so I know I'm covered for everywhere I go ASAP!

mrjam2jab

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 01:18:13 AM »
Either drive up to a sheriff in PA or apply for AZ

Contact AZDPS they will mail you the app packet...takes about 2 days.  Your DE permit will suffice for the training requirement.  Get printed at any location that does finger prints...does NOT have to be LEO.  No picture needed.  $60.  You should have the permit within about 2 weeks of mailing the app back.  
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 01:24:37 AM by mrjam2jab »
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 01:23:15 AM »
Having received a (well-deserved) traffic ticket in PA while carrying, I strongly recommend getting a PA permit.

I'm glad I didn't need to hand the PA state trooper an out-of-state Florida or Utah permit, praying that he would realize it was valid. When I handed him my PA permit, he simply asked me where my gun was... and then wrote me a ticket for a much lower speed than I was actually going.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 01:34:03 AM »
Delaware county is simple as well. The forms are here:
http://www.co.delaware.pa.us/sheriff/weapons.html
You drop off the forms in person at the Sheriff's office at the Media courthouse. You have to pick it up in person as well. I had no issues, and the woman behind the counter was very friendly and helpful.
New Castle County

ellington

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 10:31:39 PM »
The fastest way to getting your Pa permit is to drive to Lancaster, walk in the Sheriff's office, fill out the app, and leave with the license in your hand within twenty minutes. That's what I did yesterday. Considering the De process, it felt like I was being "Punked"...
"Don't pull the thang out unless you plan to bang. Don't even bang unless you plan to hit something." Andre 3000

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 11:48:48 PM »
Holy Sheep Sh!t!!

20 mins?  thats awesome!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 02:57:01 AM »
The fastest way to getting your Pa permit is to drive to Lancaster, walk in the Sheriff's office, fill out the app, and leave with the license in your hand within twenty minutes. That's what I did yesterday. Considering the De process, it felt like I was being "Punked"...

That's pretty much how York used to be.  Then they went bad.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

mrjam2jab

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 02:19:37 PM »

That's what I've been trying to say about the DE process...just seems to take way too long...they need to change how it works.   ;)
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

ellington

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 05:09:56 PM »
I think that there should be a class requirement before you get your permit, but once you've been given the basics, you're either a criminal or you're not. If you can own the gun, you should be able to carry it. Ever think you'd hear a liberal utter such words? Well, you just did!!! ; )
"Don't pull the thang out unless you plan to bang. Don't even bang unless you plan to hit something." Andre 3000

rocketman

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 05:16:08 PM »
until you get PA.CC, you may OC in PA. but not in philly

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 09:11:47 PM »
Ellington, they used to require the class prior to submitting your application.  They changed it because too many people were spending $400 or more on a class and then getting denied for their permit. 

Moosie