Author Topic: Philly parks off limits  (Read 5291 times)

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
New Castle County

Newlife503

• Life Member
Re: Philly parks off limits
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 10:31:00 AM »
It's almost certain that none of those shootings involved CCW holder, yet once again, they are the ones being punished.  Is it that hard to exclude CCW holders from these no gun laws?
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 01:34:09 AM »
I am just an old southern boy, but I thought of something. They pass these no gun laws and those of us with lincense to carry are supposed to abide by them ( especially in PA).

You know what I think though? I don't think most criminals are going to see a no gun sign and turn around and leave their gun in the car. I actually think a criminal might think "This is the place to rob or rape since no one will be armed but me"
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 02:43:26 AM »
I am just an old southern boy, but I thought of something. They pass these no gun laws and those of us with lincense to carry are supposed to abide by them ( especially in PA).

You know what I think though? I don't think most criminals are going to see a no gun sign and turn around and leave their gun in the car. I actually think a criminal might think "This is the place to rob or rape since no one will be armed but me"

Very good point!  I never was one for following rules though
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 02:46:32 PM »
The Mayor is expected to sign this. No exemption for concealed carry holders. Get caught wih a gun in a city park or rec center, and you are a criminal. These rules I do follow, as they have the weight of the law, unlike a sign on the door of Regal Cinema.
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 11:19:57 PM »
Why would anyone want to go to a big city anyhow? Even when I travel I by-pass most all sizeable cities. I even go west around NYC when I go to Maine. Seldom ever use I95.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

mrjam2jab

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 10:39:36 PM »
But even the sponsor acknowledges the measure is likely to be challenged in court.

They know going into it that they have no legal authority to create such regulations.  I don't even know why they try. 
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.