Delaware Concealed Carry Forum
September 23, 2017, 09:14:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: philadelphia zoo  (Read 4800 times)
g23

« on: September 02, 2011, 07:24:00 AM »

Anyone know if cc is allowed there
Moosie
Life Member

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 07:34:09 AM »

Based on what folks were saying on another forum, they do not have (or at least did not have) any postings regarding no firearms.

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-open-carry-121/10757-philadelphia-zoo-again.html

Moosie

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident
g23

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 10:18:56 AM »

Thanks for the info. Went to the zoo on friday and had no problems. There were not any signs posted that I was able to find.
trevor

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 09:07:05 AM »

Given the surrounding neighborhood, you made a good decision! (I like the zoo, hate walking my family to the parking lot.)
Sigarms12
deccw.com founder
Life Member

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 03:17:30 PM »

Yea definitely not the best area

" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.
Newlife503
Life Member

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 07:44:13 PM »

I am about to buy a season pass for my family.  I told my wife we can't go until I have my permit.  Really horrible area.

NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT,AZ,NH CC Permits
New Castle County
oldgraygeek
Life Member

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 03:00:44 AM »

I drove through that area once at rush hour. I stopped first in line at a red light... and a homeless lady walked out, set a blanket down in front of my bumper, and laid down.

Being an ex-cabdriver, I drove up on the sidewalk, made two large rubber stripes on the road, and left her there for the Volvo behind me to deal with.

"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon
Newlife503
Life Member

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 03:52:52 AM »

I drove through that area once at rush hour. I stopped first in line at a red light... and a homeless lady walked out, set a blanket down in front of my bumper, and laid down.

Being an ex-cabdriver, I drove up on the sidewalk, made two large rubber stripes on the road, and left her there for the Volvo behind me to deal with.

You could have ran her over, the guy in the Volvo probably did.

NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT,AZ,NH CC Permits
New Castle County
29thInfantry
Life Member

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 11:04:31 PM »

Planning a trip to the zoo this weekend anyone been here recently and CC'd?  Just looking to see if anything has changed. 

NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God
SturmRugerSR9
Life Member

Made in America

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 07:12:06 AM »

My #1 Rule, Stay away from cities. Philadelphia, New York, Baltimore, Washington DC, Wilmington De., etc.  The wild animals are not in the zoo.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 07:14:27 AM by SturmRugerSR9 » Logged

I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
PA. N/R Permit Holder
NRA Member
Kent County
Christian/Conservative
29thInfantry
Life Member

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2017, 06:17:25 PM »

Went to the Zoo today and no "Animals" were harmed during out stay.  the Garage is right by the Zoo and the walk is a short one to the entrance.  Philly Police were on the streets while we were walking in and out.  There are no signs that I saw on the property about no firearms.  It was a great trip then we headed to Shady Maple for dinner. 

NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God
CorBon
Life Member

The Revolution starts in your heart...

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 09:52:59 AM »

If you can park in the Tiger lot (by the balloon), you'll even save yourself from that short walk from the garage -- where the sidewalk is often filled with the filthy beasts that inhabit Philly' streets.

Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."
29thInfantry
Life Member

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 06:34:04 PM »

If you can park in the Tiger lot (by the balloon), you'll even save yourself from that short walk from the garage -- where the sidewalk is often filled with the filthy beasts that inhabit Philly' streets.

Tiger lot was closed when we got there

NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: