Author Topic: My ccw permit  (Read 12870 times)

GLOCK23

My ccw permit
« on: March 05, 2009, 11:56:17 AM »
hey guys i called the prothonotary office and they told me they mailed my permit...so i have been checking my mail every 10 mins even at nights...lol...i think i will get it today...did you guys feel nervous the first time you concealed your gun? i bought the uncle mikes IWB i have been practicing conceal carry around the house i even went out and bought some bigger darker clothes..thanks ohhh yeaa ...WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOOO.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
Re: My ccw permit
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 12:15:47 PM »
Congrats and yes it does take a little while to get confortable with carrying, after a while you won't even realize you have it on.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Taurus221

• NRA member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 03:11:47 PM »
Congrats. I agree with Sig. It certainly does take some time to feel comfy with carrying.

The usual tips: Don't display your weapon for any reason other than defense.
Don't allow others to see that you are carrying. It's a need to know thing.
Don't get drunk while carrying.
Avoid altercations at ALL costs (even while not carrying as they can take your permit away).
Be smart!
I would rather have a NRA member in front of me than a Brady member behind me.

lfcmendes

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 03:16:05 PM »
Congrats mate! How long did it take after you received you letter from DOJ?

hey guys i called the prothonotary office and they told me they mailed my permit...so i have been checking my mail every 10 mins even at nights...lol...i think i will get it today...did you guys feel nervous the first time you concealed your gun? i bought the uncle mikes IWB i have been practicing conceal carry around the house i even went out and bought some bigger darker clothes..thanks ohhh yeaa ...WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOOO.

GLOCK23

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 03:20:07 PM »
thank you guys i am home sitting by the window looking out for the mail..lol....glock 19 it took about 10 weeks..whooooo hooooo

lfcmendes

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 04:32:33 PM »
I mean, how long it took from the letter of the DOJ to today?

GLOCK23

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 06:44:29 PM »
lol sorry i read that wrong...its about 3 weeks...

Fire44

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 09:46:36 PM »
Congratulations!!!  It does feel funny at first.  You will think that everyone is looking at you, like they know that you have a weapon.  But if you have it concealed correctly, they don't know.  Be safe and smart!

Gary

GLOCK23

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 02:45:57 AM »
thanks for the reply guys...my ccw permit did not come today...well maybe tomorrow/

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 07:08:33 PM »
So have you carried yet? Kinda strange? How many things did you bump into? For awhile I would bump into door jambs on my right side.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

GLOCK23

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 02:56:02 AM »
i started carrying on Friday, it is going really good so far no door jambs yet i know that's coming soon, i think whats helping with the door jambs is the inside waist band holster i am using...my side feels a bit sore from the gun// truth been told is i hardly remember i am carrying a gun most of the time...i hope i remember if i ever need it...lol