Author Topic: QUICKER THAN I THOUGHT  (Read 7294 times)

Mrjohnson45

QUICKER THAN I THOUGHT
« on: September 17, 2011, 03:40:42 AM »
I turned all my paperwork to the Prothonotary Office on Aug. 4, 2011 and got my CCDW License on August 26, 2011. Everybody was telling me it would be atleast 3 months before i got it. I was patiently waiting until I checked the mail and what a surprise. I was excited. Been carrying my Ruger P345 ever since.

Lincoln

Re: QUICKER THAN I THOUGHT
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 05:03:30 AM »
Looks like you definitely got yours in record time. Not everybody is so lucky. Congratulations in your permit.

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 02:02:15 PM »
Congrats! You must of set some sort of record with that turn around time  :o

DRZDUDE

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 01:13:54 AM »
Thats great! I applied in the beginging of February and received it in the end of July. I went to media Pa the first Saturday of August and picked up my PA permit the first Saturday of September. You have to go to a sheriffs office in person now to apply and also to pick it up. You can't do it thru the mail anymore.

czer

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 02:04:15 AM »
So the balance of the universe is sustained - PA licenses get longer and DE's get shorter!

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 11:37:37 AM »
Congrats!   What county?
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Mrjohnson45

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 04:41:33 PM »
Thanks everyone! Sussex County.

mrjam2jab

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 05:22:26 PM »
So the balance of the universe is sustained - PA licenses get longer and DE's get shorter!

Many of the PA sheriffs are in and out 20-ish minute service.  the trick is to find ones that follow the laws and issue to nonresidents
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 01:37:21 AM »
Ah, the Ruger P345... good choice. I had one, and liked it.
It was the last .45 I owned before I switched over to 10mm completely. I sold it to a close friend, who is very happy with it.
I shot it again recently, when we were both at the range, and I still liked it a lot.

Congrats on the permit, and on a good carry gun.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Mrjohnson45

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 03:50:56 PM »
Thanks oldgraygeek! I have a question for you. What holster did you use for the Ruger p345? I am currently using a inside the waistband holster for the meantime since that was the only thing they had at the gun shop that would fit the pistol. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!!

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 10:32:42 PM »
Thanks oldgraygeek! I have a question for you. What holster did you use for the Ruger p345? I am currently using a inside the waistband holster for the meantime since that was the only thing they had at the gun shop that would fit the pistol. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!!

I didn't have a holster for it, other than the Safepacker I used for my Glock 20. If I had a P345 now, that's what I would use to carry it.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 11:09:19 PM »
definitely try a supertuck holster!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Mrjohnson45

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 06:39:15 PM »
Thanks guys! Definitely will check those out.

tz9x21

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 02:22:18 AM »

Many of the PA sheriffs are in and out 20-ish minute service.  the trick is to find ones that follow the laws and issue to nonresidents

Oh yeah.............!!!!!!!!! That was fast.
I went to Lancaster on Friday to get my PA permit. The reason I went there, is I grew up in Southern Lancaster County and my parents still live there so I know my way around town. When I walked in, paperwork in hand, the very nice lady at the desk checked out my paperwork, took my $20 and asked me to take a seat. A joke was made by the gentleman working the computer that Christine Odonnel was sending folks from DE to get their permits. The gentleman in front of me was from Wilmington and apparently a lot of foks from DE had come through recently.
Anyway, the nice lady at the desk called my name into the PA State Police. A few minutes later, she passes the paperwork down to guy at the computer who took my photo, typed in the info, printed out the permit, laminated it and handed it to me. 19 minutes from the time I walked in till I walked out, permit in hand.
"... so my wife says, don't you have enough guns?" to which I reply, "My dear, there is no such thing as enough guns."

tz9x21

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 02:28:04 AM »
Oh yeah I forgot to mention, it was lunchtime (around 12:20) when I got there, but they were fully staffed.
"... so my wife says, don't you have enough guns?" to which I reply, "My dear, there is no such thing as enough guns."