Author Topic: Question about application  (Read 3165 times)

MikeF

Question about application
« on: September 23, 2011, 10:21:33 PM »
On the application for purpose of CCW I am putting...

"I'm self employed and I work in bad areas sometimes and also carry around large sums of money sometimes for work."

Would this reason be sufficient or do I need a longer explanation?

Thanks!

Mike

czer

Re: Question about application
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 12:35:22 AM »
Mike - I simply put "protection of my person and property", which worked for me. I took the advice of my trainer, Dave Johnson, who said it was best to keep it simple and direct. I think many others here on the forum have done the same. This establishes your legal right without going into alot of detail which may be misconstrued if the person reading it decides to second guess your reasons. I haven't heard of challenges to this simple statement. Also, I took my training course first, which helped with dozens of questions like this. Good luck!

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 01:19:13 AM »
Mike, I had a similar reason on my application.

I would leave out the "i travel in bad areas" part.  I put down "I carry large sums of money on or about my person as a landlord, and for protection of my person and property".

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

MikeF

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 03:00:02 PM »
Great thanks for your help!

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 04:13:12 PM »
you're welcome.  Let us know how you make out. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident