Author Topic: Ballistol ??  (Read 5316 times)

Hdrules

Ballistol ??
« on: October 01, 2011, 02:30:01 AM »
I hope this is a OK topic. I was wondering if anyone had any info on Ballistol. I'm thinking of giving it a shot but from what i can find it is a little expensive. Any help or advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: Ballistol ??
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 05:16:15 AM »
HD, while I don't have any first hand experience with it, I've heard its good stuff.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 07:11:29 PM »
No experiences but read good reviews. After trying a number of cleaning and lub products I have three that work for all my needs.

Breakfree CLP
FP-10
TW-25b

ellington

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 10:20:24 PM »
I'm new to guns, but it works fine on my Glock 19. It stinks (literally), but it's non-toxic and has a whole list of other things that it can be used for. It's almost like WD40. I only use it on the metal parts in my gun. I soak the barrel in it and use it sparingly on the slide only because I've been told that Glocks don't like too much oil. It gives metal surfaces a teflon sort of feel. I follow Hickock45 on YouTube and he swears by it. So far all of his advice has fit me perfectly. That's all I got for ya, buddy!!! Hope it helps. X-Ring in Newark has it in small and large cans.
"Don't pull the thang out unless you plan to bang. Don't even bang unless you plan to hit something." Andre 3000

Hdrules

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 09:14:01 PM »
Thanks for all the input guys. I ordered two 16 oz cans last night should be here Wed $37. It will be worth it if its as good as everyone say it is. Lets hope so. Thanks again.