Author Topic: A Family Affair  (Read 2624 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
A Family Affair
« on: November 07, 2011, 06:44:11 PM »
It seems my interest in handguns is turning into a family affair.  My son has had a Springfield MilSpec 1911 and an S&W 686 (.357) for a couple of years now although he is not currently interested in a CCW.  This past summer my wife bought herself a Ruger SR9c and finally got her CCW after a loooooong delay.  Now it seems my daughter has gotten the bug.  She went shooting last week with her husband and a family friend.  She shot a .22, my son-in-laws Springfield 1911, a Sig P229 (.357 Sig) and an M4 (OK, this one is not a handgun but anyway..).  She got a surprising amount of rounds on target and showed off her target to anyone and everyone.  Now she wants to borrow my wife's Ruger and try a few other smaller handguns to find one that is right for her.  She is even talking about applying for her permit.  If anyone had tried to tell me just a couple of years ago that both my wife and my daughter would take to shooting as they have I would have just laughed and asked you what kind of drugs you were on, but now ;D ;D ;D ;D

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: A Family Affair
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 08:45:29 PM »
Very nice, Hawkeye!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Hdrules

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 09:07:51 PM »
Hawkeye,

I have been looking for a gun that was light weight, easy slide pull, not too powerful but powerful, and shoots like any other gun...on target. Someone suggested the Walther PK380. I held it and immediately liked it because of the weight. My husband says I fell in love with it. It's a pretty gun too. A month or so later a friend of ours purchased one and I was able to shoot it. I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed shooting this gun. It felt great to hold and was so light weight, even loaded. A 9mm kinda scares me as I'm not REALLY comfortable yet because I'm a beginner, kinda. BUT the PK380 was perfect because it packed a lotta punch, but not too much. I would suggest having your daughter go to a range and shooting one. I think she will fall in love with it just like I did. I'm also considering getting my CCW. Good luck to you and your family.

~Wife of Hdrules

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 10:02:01 PM »
HD, my daughter plans on doing just that. A 380 is on her list to shoot before making a choice.  Personally I think a .380 is too small for a primary ED firearm but many people more knowledgeable then I am are satisfied with it.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County