Author Topic: Finally!!  (Read 2912 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Finally!!
« on: October 10, 2011, 09:15:10 PM »
My wife started her CCW journey over a year ago.  She was sidelined for a long time recovering from a broken leg.  I decided last month to apply for one as well because I believe that having a CCW will close a couple of loopholes in HR 218.  I was approved in just 15 days. Anyway, we took our class with Marino Tactical last week.  Kirk seemed like a decent guy, he was knowledgeable and range time for me is always fun.

I had always heard that someone other than a husband should teach the wife to shoot.  I had already taken her to the range and gone over the basics but it was good for her to be shown by a professional.  She responded well to his instructions and is now more comfortable and confident with her gun handling skills.

We stopped by the Prothonotary's Office this morning and we are good to go.  Now I need to work on actually getting her to carry.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

muleman88

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Finally!!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 09:30:20 PM »
Congrats Hawkeye!!  I believe if you just read her the local news on any given day ( a few times) she just may want to start packing some heat.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 12:39:25 AM »
Congrats. It took me five years to get my wife to apply for her CCDW after I got mine. She's had her permit since last Halloween.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 11:16:03 PM »
Congrats
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.