Author Topic: Getting Ready for the Winter Hibernation (eg - I just submitted)  (Read 13886 times)

Kimber HD

Re: Getting Ready for the Winter Hibernation (eg - I just submitted)
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2012, 01:59:37 PM »
Week 12 Update

Well - just hitting the 3 month mark; and nothing yet to show for it.  I dropped off my original training cert last week, so perhaps this week will be the one.

Kimber HD

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2012, 03:34:43 PM »
IT HAS ARRIVED !

Came in the mail yesterday, 2/1.  There is absolutely no way this thing is going to fit in my wallet - there's over 1/4" of laminate around the border.  I tried to trim some of the laminate, but already within a couple of hours its starting to separate.  Suggestions ?

In Review:
7 Nov - Submitted both DE and FL
9 Nov - DE cashed my check
17 Nov - FL cashed my check
30 Nov - FL issued my permit
5 Dec - FL permit received
18 Dec - DE reviewed my permit (issues around 'expired' training cert)
20 Jan - DE permit approved, needed to submit original training cert
1 Feb - Permit received

Not bad all things considered - 13 weeks or so.  I would think that w/o the holidays in the middle, etc it would have been closer to 10.

Thanks again for everyone on the board for their support through such a trying time  :D

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2012, 04:19:25 PM »
Kimber HD,
Congrats! I submitted on Dec. 19 including my training cert.. Hopefully that means I should be looking at middle of March, based on your wait time. I'll have to say I'm getting antsey. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. It's been a long, long time since I've had that feelin'. Know what I mean? Still carrying open at this time.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Kimber HD

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2012, 05:48:06 PM »
Ya, I hear ya.

If someone were to ask me how to sum up the wait time, I would say "well....lets put it this way, I know exactly how the mail truck sounds..."

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2012, 10:17:16 PM »
This means my permit is soon to follow!   I submitted everything on 11/29.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2012, 12:44:31 AM »
If you live up North, I have a laminating machine at work.  Could reseal it for you.  I went to the farmers market at the airport and found an id wallet that it will fit in.  Have all of my "papers" in it.

Iron on LOW heat?  I think our machine gets up around 300-350.  If you iron it, put an old t-shirt around your permit NOT DIRECTLY on the plastic.  Our machine uses a heavy paper I think is treated.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Kimber HD

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2012, 06:02:02 AM »
Yep, so here's what I did....

The lamination seperated nicely from the court.  I carefully trimmed as much as I could from the card stock, then with my iron on low (standing up), I held the card on it, while pushing on the seam with a butter knife.  This sealed the edges directly around the card much better than before, and I was able to get close enough to where the card fit in my wallet.