Author Topic: Let the waiting game begin!  (Read 23285 times)

calee13

Re: Let the waiting game begin!
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2012, 02:02:19 PM »
Kent Countyite here, starting ninth week of long wait and my patience is starting to wear thin. Attempting to put a positive spin....I guess no news is good news?  :-\

Well looks like the end is in sight......I called Kent County today and was told that my application from 2/3 has cleared the Justice Department, is with the judge and I should have it by the middle of next week. ;D ;D ;D

mominde

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 12:33:20 AM »
I turned in all completed paperwork on 4/20.  I was joking with the KC workers that I expect to hear from them from in the next 2 weeks to 6 months.  They laughed and said that was about right!

calee13

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2012, 08:24:38 PM »
Kent Countyite here, starting ninth week of long wait and my patience is starting to wear thin. Attempting to put a positive spin....I guess no news is good news?  :-\

Well looks like the end is in sight......I called Kent County today and was told that my application from 2/3 has cleared the Justice Department, is with the judge and I should have it by the middle of next week. ;D ;D ;D

Hoorayyyyyyyyyy, at last, after 85 days my permit has finally landed in my wallet.   :) ;D :) ;D

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2012, 05:56:24 PM »
Status update:  About a month ago I received a letter DE DOJ stating that they are recommending my permit be denied for alcohol abuse and poor judgment.  This is all stemming from an incident that happened over 6 years ago when I was intoxicated and was arrested for public intoxication and incident exposure for a late night skinny dip swim in my private community pool.  All charges were dropped.  No fines or court charges.  Since that incident I have self-referred myself to an alcohol addiction treatment center for the cost of $30,000 and I have been in recovery and sober for about 1 year and a half.  I am active in several 12-step based recovery groups.  I have not received a denial letter from the judge as of the mail yesterday.  I called for a status update today and they took my name and number to call me back in an hour.  That was about an hour ago.  No return call yet.  So the odds look like that I will be denied.  I am going to appeal the decision once I receive word.  Does anyone have an suggestions on an attorney to use?

joek

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2012, 07:26:10 PM »
I received a call back!  My application still has not yet been denied.  I was informed that if the judge does ultimately deny my application that because my record is clean and it's been quite some time that 9 times out of 10 once the judge meets/sees in person that I will be approved.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?  What should I say to the judge besides being 100% honest with him or her?

calee13

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2012, 04:41:53 AM »
I received a call back!  My application still has not yet been denied.  I was informed that if the judge does ultimately deny my application that because my record is clean and it's been quite some time that 9 times out of 10 once the judge meets/sees in person that I will be approved.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?  What should I say to the judge besides being 100% honest with him or her?

You answered your own question........be totally honest, good luck.

joek

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2012, 07:01:19 PM »
Also another month has gone by...No denial letter or permit!  Called for a status update and I just received a voice mail box.  Left message.

chriswalrath

• NRA Lifetime Member - Delaware CCW Holder
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2012, 01:25:59 AM »
Joe, sometimes repeated status checks can get paperwork shuffled deeper.  It will happen or it will not.  Hopefully all will be well.  But it is in bigger hands than ours.
I, Christopher Walrath, do solemnly swear to defend and uphold the Constitution of the United States of America, so help me God.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands one nation under God indivisible with liberty and justice for al

scottf

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2012, 03:10:35 PM »
JoeK, still haven't received mine and we applied on the same day.

scottf

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2012, 07:22:52 PM »
So the mail comes today (Saturday) and what's in the mailbox? My wife's new CCW permit!!!!

She handed in her paperwork in February!! I handed mine in on November 29th; still no permit.

I was told on the phone that both were approved and to expect them in a few weeks, but this still burns me up. I'm happy for the wife but can you imagine these same folks handling health care?

This past Tuesday was exactly 26 weeks (yes exactly half a year).

Bogey

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2012, 08:47:01 PM »
Well Guy's & Gal's,

Sent my paper work in 15 wks. ago.Just opened up my mail box.and my permit was there.
                           NCC.This is going to take getting use too.

The things you see when you don't have a gun.....

scottf

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2012, 11:09:16 AM »
Congrats Bogey. Wife got hers after 15 weeks. Now that I'm over the anger of having waited 26 weeks, I'm sure mine is coming next week (was told they were both approved at the same time).

scottf

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2012, 08:26:33 PM »
FINALLY!!!

Went to the mailbox today and there is was. It only took over 27 weeks, 193 days to be exact.

Now its off to get the PA permit.

One thing that struck me was how badly the permit was laminated. It was horribly skewed so I took some scissors and had to trim off the excess and "straighten" it. For that long a wait, they could have at least gotten it straight. Amazing how cheesy it looks compared to the Florida CC permit, which looks exactly like a typical driver's license (single piece of plastic with the photo printed on the plastic).

Bogey

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2012, 07:45:08 PM »
Congrats Scott,

Just filed for my PA today,They said 45 to 50 working days.I hope it's sooner.I'm in Philly alot.
The things you see when you don't have a gun.....

craigwill201

• NRA Business Member
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2012, 02:39:02 AM »
Pa
 Last week at Lancaster. In and out with permit in 15 minutes. PS take 896 to stay out of MD.
Craig
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 02:46:35 AM by craigwill201 »