Author Topic: What are you carrying?  (Read 32478 times)

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
What are you carrying?
« on: February 09, 2009, 07:34:37 PM »
Me Im carrying a Sig Sauer P250 in 9mm. 15+1, with a custom made IWB holster.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Re: What are you carrying?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 01:59:47 AM »
Taurus Millennium Pro PT111. Carry in a CrossBreed Supertuck Holster.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

lfcmendes

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 03:00:35 AM »
Dressed up GLOCK19  ;D

p.s.
this is where I got the image from:
http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/index.php/cat/Airsoftcrazedteam.co.uk?filnavn=/reviews/guarder_scopemount/ksc_glock_upgrades.htm

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 03:03:19 AM by GLOCK19 »

headfirst

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 04:21:36 AM »
Kahr CW9 in either a Desantis "Tuck This" or Uncle Mike's pocket holster. The Kahr is very accurate but only holds 7 rounds. It is so thin and lite that I often forget I have it with me. I work with it, shoot pool, you name it.

L to R- Glock 19, Sig. P250c, Kahr CW9

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 07:10:15 PM »
The nice thing about the P250 is if you go with the small grip it makes it easier to conceal. I haven't had a problem with it yet. Sig is supposed to be releasing the sub compact version this spring.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 09:48:09 PM by SigP250 »

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 08:17:01 PM »
Mostly I carry this Colt Defender in a Desantis IWB.  Sometimes I will carry a S&W 642 in a pocket holster. I call it my summer gun.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 11:11:45 PM by GunEnvy »
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 02:13:25 PM »
SW9GVE. 9mm by S&W.  Black not the funky green!  16+1 intend to get a shoudler holster as I'm already battling my waistband as it is! LOL  Things are snug so I dont want to add to it with a holster and weapon.  As a newbie (and a female), I'm always open to suggestions from folks who already carry.
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 04:45:50 PM »
Welcome Moosie, that S&W is a nice gun. they don't get enough looks due to the rest of the smith lineup. Only advise I would give as to the shoulder rig is that you always have to wear a coat or vest even in August. And also before you huy it think of which side you will wear it to and will a car seat belt interfere with drawing it. My wife is looking into one of the purses that the companies make. They are basically holsters that have a purse built around them. Nice thing about CCW is no matter what you decide its better than the alternative, not having protection. Good luck

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 11:42:25 PM »
I battle my waist line every day and still find the little extra room for the IWB holster however a purse holster would be a great alternative.

marvinbean

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 12:25:20 AM »
Both my wife and I carry the S&W 642 The wife has a Laser Max on hers with Houge grips .

She likes to carry hers in her purse and I'm experimenting with an ankle holster while I'm waiting for a Mika pocket holster I ordered back in November. It should be here next week, Mika mailed it on 2/11, can't wait.  :D

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 02:42:15 AM »
Welcome to the forum and back to the state. If you would let us know what you think of the ankle rig. I've thought about it but I haven't met alot of people that carry that way to get a good feeling of if it would suit me. I have a 642 that I carry in my pocket sometimes but I don't really like it. Between keys and wallet and my chapstick there isn't alot of room in there.

marvinbean

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 02:35:08 PM »
Finally received my Mika pocket holster, it is fantastic using it with a pair of jeans. I do agree with you GunEnvy , with all the items I carried in both pockets now combined into one, it seems that I have bulging pockets although you can't tell I'm carrying with the Mika in place.  The ankle holster I was using was a Galco Ankle Glove and I was getting used to it, just a little extra weight but it sure frees up the pocket space. I believe I will have to do the pick and choose method according to the situation of where and what I will be doing that particular day.     

Fire44

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 03:23:07 PM »
S&W 915 9mm with a 15 +1 and a 18 round as spare.  I have been using a concealment tee from "A Better Holster" and have been very happy with it except I am fighting a moisture problem.  I have a spot on the slide where the holster gets tight on the slide is wearing the finish with the moisture.  I am keeping the gun well oiled and hope that will help, but I would consider any other suggestions!!

fdegree

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 11:43:55 PM »
Taurus Millennium Pro PT111. Carry in a CrossBreed Supertuck Holster.

Hawkeye...how do you like the crossbreed holster with the Taurus?

I have the 3rd generation Millennium Pro - 9mm, and I am considering the same crossbreed holster...wondering what you can tell me about it.

Thanks!!!
Violence, when there is an alternative, is immoral.
Violence, when there is no alternative, is survival.
-Unknown-

A battle avoided cannot be lost.
-Sun Tzu-

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 12:13:44 AM »
Only advise I would give as to the shoulder rig is that you always have to wear a coat or vest even in August.
Ah, the August-worn vest.  Nothing says “I gotta big-assed honkin’ handcannon on me” like wearin’ a photographer's vest in August.  Well, I guess that having a t-shirt that says “I gotta big-assed honkin’ handcannon on me” is close, but not as universally accepted.  Also, wearing a fanny-pack (either in the front or back) sends the same message.     
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."