Author Topic: What are you carrying?  (Read 32966 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Re: What are you carrying?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 12:26:30 AM »

Hawkeye...how do you like the crossbreed holster with the Taurus?

I have the 3rd generation Millennium Pro - 9mm, and I am considering the same crossbreed holster...wondering what you can tell me about it.

Thanks!!!

Sorry for not responding earlier. I forgot this post and did not look back.  As for the SuperTuck I think it is great.  It has enough adjustments that you can find what is comfortable. It is easy to forget it is there.  I was a little disapointed at the plastic clips but they now are metal. I have found though that it is easier to put the hoster in the pants before I put the pants on. I would definately recommend it.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

red hour

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 09:23:26 PM »
sig 229 .357sig, sig220 .45acp or a bond defender in .410 as a get off me gun, usually iwb, galco royal guard, fits snug and easy to hide. if i had one id wear the big @@@ honkin handcannon t-shirt, just to wear it, however id give up my tactical advantage.. or would I?
The Second Amendment, America's Original Homeland Security!

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 09:31:52 PM »
Kimber Tactical Pro II in 45ACP in a DeSantis IWB Summer Special style holster

" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

firststatefirearms

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2009, 03:35:40 PM »
I carry a Kimber Tactical Proo II in a Blackhawk Serpa hip holster and two 7 round spare mags.
An armed citizen refuses to be a victim.

twink288b

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 05:13:23 AM »
Kel-Tek 32

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 05:38:20 PM »
interesting choice, nice little pocket pistol

MagicOPromotion

What are you carrying
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2009, 08:16:07 PM »
This is my first post.So here is my two cents. I wear the Milt Sparts SS2 daily, have one to train with G17 and one to wear G19. Its the most comfortable and overall best carry holster I own. I could not tell you how many holsters I own but they fill a footlocker.Have had a CCW for 14 years so I have alot of carry time. What every Mike Brown says you can take it to the bank.Everything he has advised me on is right on the money. If you have not trained with Mike Brown you are missing out on a great learning adventure.  Gary B Rasmussen Mike suggested the SS2 to me.
_______
=== XRumer 5.0 Palladium RULEZ! ===

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
Re: What are you carrying
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2009, 09:09:48 PM »
I wear the Milt Sparts SS2 daily, have one to train with G17 and one to wear G19.
_______
=== XRumer 5.0 Palladium RULEZ! ===
Milt Sparks holsters are awesome.  The only problem, of course, is the wait.  Returning customers tend to get a little bump-up in delivery time, though.  Great craftsmanship, and incredible to wear.  For OWB, though, I tend to go for Galco.  They get beat up quicker, and are much easier to replace.

And speaking of beat up, how come the guns shown on here don't have any holster wear?   
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2009, 12:02:04 AM »
I'm waiting on my Milt Sparks VMII about 3 months to go.

ProShooter

• www.ProactiveShooters.com
    • Proactive Shooters - Firearms Safety Training & Instruction
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2009, 11:46:42 AM »
I carry a Glock 23 in a Rocketman IWB holster

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Utah Concealed Firearms Certified Instructor
SABRE Pepper Spray CSAP Instructor
12 year veteran - former LE

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2009, 01:42:54 PM »
I just started carrying a Glock 32 instead of my Kimber, Im trying to keep my Kimber in good condition and I really don't want the wear its gonna get carrying it every day.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2009, 01:44:48 PM »
Para LDA 45.  14+1.

Moosie,
I think you said a shoulder rig.  I have a nylon one.  GLAD I went with it VS leather.  Under a jacket I think it would be OK.  Try to put a large shirt over it and it looks like an elephant under my arm.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2009, 01:18:26 PM »
Radnor, I'm actually in the process of lining and finishing the edges of my shoulder holster.  The unfinished hide is leaving little bits of what I call "leather dust" on my clothing, not to mention that its a black holster and I'm not taking a chance of having the dye come off on my clothes!  In the winter time I'll probably be able to wear this better, but for the summer time, im still using my purse.  It totally sucks @@@, but its better than not carrying.

Right now, I'm looking for a smaller something -- probably a compact glock -- and wearing it outside the waist band with a vest or flowing type shirt over it.  I'm telling you..  hiding a gun on a female is @@@@ near impossible!!! Seriously, unless i dress like Mom Mom, I can't conceal it without some sort of printing.  No offense, but if I was a fat girl, it would be a hell of a lot easier to ccw. 

:(
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2009, 01:41:35 PM »
No offense, but if I was a fat girl, it would be a hell of a lot easier to ccw. 
:(
I'm thinking that I see the solution!!!

But anyway, it really is a trial-and-error thing.  It's hard to combine the perfect caliber with the perfect size with the perfect mechanics with the perfect way to carry something.  It's hard not to compromise on at least one of the issues.  And it's weather like this that shows the true mettle (or is that polymer?) of the person carrying the thing.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2009, 03:19:42 PM »
Hey Moosie if your looking for a compact Glock check out the G33 its the compact 357 sig and IMO a lot less muzzlw flip then the .40. Also the Springfield XD compact is a real nice gun with a real smooth trigger. Blue Hen Firearms can find you what ever you need.