Author Topic: Taurus PT-111 -- Way Off The Mark  (Read 3420 times)

fdegree

Taurus PT-111 -- Way Off The Mark
« on: December 18, 2011, 02:20:41 AM »
Does anyone have any thoughts about what adjustments can be made to improve the accuracy of this gun?
http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=24&category=Pistol

I went to the range today and it wouldn't hit a piece of copy paper from about 10 - 12 yards.  I had no trouble grouping in a 6" circle with a Smith & Wesson M&P-9 from the same distance.  A friend was with me and he had similar results with both guns.

The Taurus has the following sights...
Front Sight: Heinie
Rear Sight:    Straight-8

It appears to me as though these sights are only for side to side adjustments...I had to aim about 8 - 10 inches over the top of the paper to have any chance of hitting near the center of the paper.

I like everything about this gun except the accuracy, so I would really like to figure out how to make it more accurate.  I have probably put about 1,000 rounds through this gun with absolutely no failures ever...it's just not accurate.

I would prefer to remedy this problem instead of abandon it...if this is possible.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 02:31:01 AM by fdegree »
Violence, when there is an alternative, is immoral.
Violence, when there is no alternative, is survival.
-Unknown-

A battle avoided cannot be lost.
-Sun Tzu-

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Taurus PT-111 -- Way Off The Mark
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 03:00:37 PM »
I would try calling Heine and asking if they have a shorter front sight for this Taurus. I had a similar problem with a Sig P230 a decade or more ago. I'm assuming the Taurus shoots a good group 8-10 inches low.
New Castle County

fdegree

Re: Taurus PT-111 -- Way Off The Mark
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 03:21:50 PM »
I've had this gun for a few years, and the accuracy seems to be getting worse...don't know if that is possible...maybe it's me
Violence, when there is an alternative, is immoral.
Violence, when there is no alternative, is survival.
-Unknown-

A battle avoided cannot be lost.
-Sun Tzu-