Author Topic: bars?  (Read 9226 times)

error404

bars?
« on: December 23, 2011, 11:15:10 AM »
I rarely drink or go to bars... so I didn't pay much attention to the ccw class on this part  :o

However, my new job requires me to make sure my clients have a good time. Some of them like to go for lunch/dinner after the meetings and some others like to seat in a bar. I believe it was fine to do so if there are no signs at the door, but wanted to make sure.

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: bars?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 12:24:44 PM »
Currently, yes, you can carry in a bar. Realize that if you've been drinking and use your firearm, you've just made your life hell.  If I'm drinking, I'm not carrying.  If I'm carrying, I'm not drinking.  Not one drop.  This is my choice to be this strict. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 12:39:13 PM »
+1 moosie
I never consume alcohol when in possession of a firearm or car keys.
Since I am rarely without one or both of those items, I pretty much don't drink. (When I'm at home, I rarely want to drink).

So, I feel free (local laws permitting) to go to bars and/or restaurants serving alcohol.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 11:07:31 PM by oldgraygeek »
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 12:50:00 PM »
+2 Moosie and oldgraygeek

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 01:08:59 PM »
Realize that if you 've been drinking and use your firearm, you've just made your life hell.

Corrected it for ya. 

I carry, so I DONT drink.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

error404

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 04:19:29 PM »
Thanks guys. 100% agree with your thoughs.

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 04:38:05 AM »
Yet another reason I am proud to be in AA!

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 01:01:33 AM »
Realize that if you 've been drinking and use your firearm, you've just made your life hell.

Corrected it for ya. 

I carry, so I DONT drink.

LOL, sorry, but while you're going to have a lot of questions to answer if you use your firearm, you're going to be in a world of feces if you have had anything with alcohol in it to drink prior to pulling that trigger.  BIG difference (in my opinion) if you've had something to drink vs not and you use it.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2011, 02:10:21 AM »
Yet another reason I am proud to be in AA!

I just saw part of a Wendy Liebman comedy special...
She asked,
"If you know everyone at the AA meeting... is it just A?"
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2011, 02:53:30 AM »
Well...  I KNOW someone in NCC who used their OC gun in a self defense shooting.  They took the gun used in the shooting (wanted all of them), just got the one involved.  8-10 months after shooting, returned his gun and he finally cleared.  But for the time between, State LOOKING for something to charge him with.

To me, that is a world of feces.  Just a DEEPER pile if you've been drinking...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 02:56:00 AM by Radnor »
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

g23

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 08:56:49 PM »
The way I understand it is that law states if your below the legal limit (.08) then you can carry.. Its not a good mix but I have had a beer or two with dinner or during a game and still carried. With that said if I know i'm going out for a good time then the gun stays home.. All of this has me wondering about what would happen if you shoot someone in your home while being over the limit. It would really suck if someone broke in to your home after a night out and you couldn't grab your gun because you were drunk..