Author Topic: Glock 27  (Read 7564 times)

Rfscanner

Glock 27
« on: December 27, 2011, 12:26:18 AM »
I Just purchased a Glock27 and was wondering if anybody has this model and what holster they use. I was thinking about the Crossbreed Super Tuck? I have a Super Tuck for a Taurus PT840 and like it, but I'm not sure about the G27 with such a short grip.

Thanks
Rfscanner
"A government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, tax paying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust." Founding Fathers.
NRA, DSSA and DSA Member.
Kent County

fdegree

Re: Glock 27
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 04:16:51 AM »
I can't comment on the Glock 27, but I was doing some research today and found other options besides Crossbreed:

This company offers some interesting options:
http://www.whitehatholsters.com/default.asp

This one has more leather and height/cant options:
http://www.kholster.com/

If my information is correct...this is the originator of the leather/kydex hybrid:
http://tuckergunleather.com/

This one seems to only offer plastic belt clips...if that is true, I'm not a fan:
http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95&osCsid=ibqflnlv75gjd22hr68au1hjp3

This one offers a kit that you can assemble yourself:
http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/

Violence, when there is an alternative, is immoral.
Violence, when there is no alternative, is survival.
-Unknown-

A battle avoided cannot be lost.
-Sun Tzu-

Pete D.---

• NRA Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 10:39:29 PM »
Hey Rfscanner, I have the 26 (same size as the 27) and the supertuck. I really like the holster and the company. I find it very comfortable and secure. It's well made and has held up great so far for me. I also just got the belt from their "seconds" website- awesome combo! Good luck, Pete D.---
"This food fights back!" Myke Hawke Peirce

Pete D.---

• NRA Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 10:41:43 PM »
btw- congrats on that awesome pistol choice! Pete D.---
"This food fights back!" Myke Hawke Peirce

Rfscanner

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 12:34:36 AM »
Thanks fdegree for the info, I gave them all a look over but I think I will stick with the super tuck. I have one for my Taurus 840 and really like it.. Yes Pete D.--- Thank you, I also think it's an awesome little pistol, I just order some g23 mags to extend the grip a little bit.

Rf
"A government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, tax paying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust." Founding Fathers.
NRA, DSSA and DSA Member.
Kent County

fdegree

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 04:11:00 AM »
Thanks fdegree for the info, I gave them all a look over but I think I will stick with the super tuck. I have one for my Taurus 840 and really like it.
Rf

There is nothing wrong with the Crossbreed Super Tuck.  I personally don't have one, but there are tons of positive reviews...I'm sure you will be happy with it.

I simply wanted to put other sources out there that I never knew existed until the other day.
-Unknown-

-Sun Tzu-

czer

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 02:10:48 AM »
Thanks, fdegree, for the sources. I am looking at all these for my j frame.

Kimber HD

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 01:18:11 PM »
I have the comp-tac for my 26 and love it. They do offer metal belt clips, they are somewhere in the website.
The thing I like most about it is the interchangeable kydex bodies.

fdegree

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 06:50:39 PM »
I have the comp-tac for my 26 and love it. They do offer metal belt clips, they are somewhere in the website.
The thing I like most about it is the interchangeable kydex bodies.

That's good to know that they do offer the metal clips.

White hat holsters also offers interchangeable kydex.  I think this is a nice feature...it allows you to keep the holster that you have broken in even though you might want to change guns...just switch out the kydex and you're done.
-Unknown-

-Sun Tzu-

quickdraw

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 02:54:13 AM »
I have been carrying a G27 in a horsehide CB Supertuck for over two years. I did my own combat cut (not too difficult) after using it for about six months and will definately order my next one with the combat cut from the factory. I find drawing to be easier when using an extended mag but sometimes go with the standard mag for deep conceal. Rarely do I tuck a shirt, but if you do and want the ultimate deep conceal, I would recommend the velcro J hooks and velcro backed belt. Galco also makes a very similer holster, the King Tuk, that a friend of mine uses and seems to work as well for a little less money and a quicker order time. I'll stick with the CrossBreed. The hosehide has held up in the hot summer under jeans. It now looks old and ugly, but works as well as the day I first wore it. Their service and warranty is second to none. 

TJM1979

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 12:40:53 PM »
I carry the G30 SF in the Comp-Tac listed above.  They do offer metal clips, but with the plastic clips and a decent belt I have had 0 issues.  you can adjust the ride height and angle it rides inside the waist.  The G30 is a bit larger than the G27 and I have had 0 issues with concealment or anyong noticing it.  Draws easy, even worn at the 4-5 oclock range. I set it fairly low and even if my shirt rides up there is not much to be seen.  The belt pinches on the Kydex and keeps my jeans/belt from interfering with the draw, everything sits very snug.  I wear it all day around the house, in the car, shopping, etc.  I forget it is even there.  Not very easy to re holster it, but I don't plan on needing to ever do that quickly. 

My brother has a G27 and the Comp-Tac holster and is totally happy.  I believe he has one for his 3" 1911 as well.  As mentioned, it is nice that you can order differnt kydex sheeths to change your holster for different guns.  The adjustablity of tension also works nicely, and the sheeth covers the entire trigger and gaurd so you won't get an accidental trigger pull.  Other holsters have similar layouts, but the more I wear mine the better it gets.

That being said, I stick with what works for you.  If the super tuck has been that good, get another one.  I have read many good reviews.  The G27 is a great carry piece and the .40 S&W is a fantastic round.  Can't go wrong with Glock.  I have put thousands of rounds through my G30 of all sorts and never had an issue.  Solid choice all around.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 12:48:43 PM by TJM1979 »