Author Topic: Fobus Roto Holster  (Read 5425 times)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Fobus Roto Holster
« on: December 29, 2011, 01:57:03 PM »
Anybody have any experience or critique on the Fobus Roto Holster? I have been looking at them because they can not only be used as a strong side holster. but because they have a 40 position adjustment for the kant or angle, they can be used as a cross-draw or behind the back also. This is one of the most versatile holsters I've found. It cam be used as a paddle ot belted holster.
Not many others like this. Kinda like 5 holsters in 1.  What say you?
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Fobus Roto Holster
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 02:34:50 PM »
Ruger,
I really like the kydex style holsters, and have several, including the Fobus for a Sig compact.
However awhile back, a forum member posted a video of a person snapping one off his belt and breaking it. Do a YouTube search for "plastic holsters suck". I am considering returning to leather for external holsters. Still like Kydex for inside the belt concealed holsters.
New Castle County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 10:55:16 PM »
I'm thinking of using their accessory bracket to mount one in my center console.

However, I don't want to wear one, because it seems to stick out too far for concealed carry.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

quickdraw

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 03:07:52 AM »
Fobus Roto Holster was the first holster I ever puchased for an every day carry carry gun. It now lies somewhere in the bottom of the unused holster experiment box. I liked the concept of the design but found it to be impractical for concealed carry. It protruded too far from the body and caused excessive printing. The retention was too stiff and if not drawn at the proper angle was nearly impossable. I also  have a Fobus paddle holster for a Walther P22 that works great in the waistband or back pocket when open carrying in the woods for varmits or snakes. 

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 07:06:18 PM »
Yeah, I have considered a IWB, but then there's the sweat factor in the summer, and the ones I tried were hard to get in my waist or gouged me in the rib cage. Like I wear 36 waist pants, and would have to either by 38s or go on a diet. That isn't going to happen. To me it looks like there is realy no such thing as truly consealed, just covered up.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 01:26:21 AM »
To me it looks like there is realy no such thing as truly consealed, just covered up.

Actually, I recently became a convert to "truly concealed:" I carry a Glock 29 in a SmartCarry, completely invisible in business casual. It's a warm and slightly sweaty experience, but you really know where your gun is...

And, if you want the ultimate "covered up" experience, try a Safepacker. I've worn one in plain sight for six years.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 02:55:35 PM »
I noticed Shooters Choice has a line called Tagua holsters. Any one know anything about them?
Been looking at a few other holsters online,  like the Pro-Carry Deep Comfort IWB leather holster. Looks good but is it.
I know I hear a lot about those Crossbreeds but looks too big and combersome. All that leather wrapped around you seem kinky, Ha.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 08:27:16 PM »
I noticed Shooters Choice has a line called Tagua holsters. Any one know anything about them?

I picked one up for myself for when I carry my wife's Ruger Sr9c. It is a nice enough holster, it rides a bit higher then the IWB's but overall I like it.  It will hold your firearm nice and snug against you body and the feel of an all leather holster is nice.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 05:06:41 PM »
FYI!   I also found another place that carries a great looking line of IWB's, and that is www.theholsterstore.com  . I'm also looking at a Pro Carry Deep Comfort IWB holster with belt snaps. Worn inside the pants. Keeps gun flat agains your side. Very little tendency to print. Just waiting on my CCDW to come thru before I order this one. Buying from the store it's $39.95 + S&H, if you buy thru Amazon it's $44.95 +S&H. It's made in St. Cloud Florida of good old us cowhide and US labor.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative