Author Topic: sig sauer mosquito holster  (Read 4657 times)

mominde

sig sauer mosquito holster
« on: February 10, 2012, 02:00:22 AM »
I am getting ready to start the ccw process.  I am trying to find the right holster, however I'm not sure what would be compatible.  I would like to carry small of back and ankle.  Any recommendations for a sig sauer mosquito .22LR?

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: sig sauer mosquito holster
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 11:46:34 PM »
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 01:16:42 AM »
I love Sig's, and want to buy another 22LR pistol. But I've read on a lot of forums that the mosquito is very ammo sensitive, and can have failure to feed issues. Not a big deal at the range, but a huge deal in a carry pistol. Do you have a lot of range time with this pistol, and what is your experience? Perhaps Sig has improved it over the years.
New Castle County

mominde

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 01:37:57 PM »
I have put in alot of range hours.  The reviews are correct.  I use "cheap" ammo for range since I can get 100 rounds for $8.  I do have a better ammo though for when I plan to carry.  The plus side is I've leaned how to quickly fix a mis-fire!  Not that it will help in one-on-one situations, but good to know.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 02:50:59 PM »
Mominde, you are ahead of the curve. I eventually will buy a mosquito for the range, so I don't 'wear out' the Ruger Mark II. I carry Sig P232, 380 in a pocket holster. Nice and compact. I bought a Sig P226 9mm back in 1985, and it's still my favorite pistol. Sig and HK all they way! Good luck in your holster search.
New Castle County