Author Topic: Newbie, filed yesterday 1/27  (Read 4201 times)

Capnball

Newbie, filed yesterday 1/27
« on: January 28, 2012, 09:42:13 PM »
The Prothonatary office was actually very pleasant to deal with. Although she did say to expect a wait of 3 to 5 months. I took a class prior to filing and turned in the certificate all at one time.  My experience with the lady that did the fingerprinting was not quite so pleasant. While taking my prints she seemed frustrated and a little snappy, so I made the mistake of asking about how her day was going, her reply was "the number of people getting these gun permits really scares me - these people should not be walking around with guns in their pockets" I smiled and said that I hope her day improves (it was morning) while I was actually visualizing a long line out of the door all waiting to be fingerprinted for CCP , smiling and content with that image in my mind.  ;D

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: Newbie, filed yesterday 1/27
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 10:30:02 PM »
That's a shame.
Criminals, or even potential criminals, already carry guns and don't bother with the fingerprinting or the permits.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

craigwill201

• NRA Business Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 11:06:03 PM »
Any time you make a "state" worker work you @@@@ them off. Just go to the DMV.

CMF

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 11:18:34 PM »
The fingerprinter needs education. She better look for another job because it is only going to get better for us CCDW and busier for her. Hope your wait goes quickly Capnball.
You got that right oldgraygeek. The more I read, the more the %&$#@*  law system works for the criminal.
CMF
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that
one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and
three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

Kimber HD

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 01:43:33 PM »
Odd.  When I went down to SBI to get my prints done, both of the ladies were very nice...even flirty  :P
They both asked a lot of questions, and both said they were planning on being next in line.  Under their breath they told me that most people who were int he waiting room were re-registering for megans law, probation, etc....

Dr.Inferno

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 01:52:21 PM »
Quick question....do I need to get my application notarized before going to Prothonotary or will they do it there?  Applying in NCC btw.

Capnball

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 04:20:36 PM »
Dr. Inferno - As long as you go in person to the Prothonotary they can do the necessary notary work right there for you and cheaply, they only charge $1.00 per signature. When you fill out your application leave the signature and date on the last page blank, you will finish this when in the Prothonotary office. You will sign and date it and they will notarize your signature on both applications, original and copy. So it will be just $2.00 for the notary. I don't think anyone else could do any cheaper unless they happen to be your friend and a notary. Just make sure you have your Driver's License with you when you go. And don't forget, like I did, you cannot bring a cell phone into the courthouse building. They will make you return to your car and leave it there.

Dr.Inferno

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 10:12:35 PM »
Thanks for the info!  Last question: do they accept credit cards?

Wickedrex

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 01:25:55 PM »
I don't believe they take credit cards.  I used a cashiers check from my bank to file.I believe they will take cash or checks only in the NCC prothonotary.  Also, almost every bank has atleast one notary available and will do it free of charge if you have an account with them.  I bank at WSFS and they all have multiple notary publics....
--Jay--

calee13

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 12:28:26 AM »
I don't believe they take credit cards.  I used a cashiers check from my bank to file.I believe they will take cash or checks only in the NCC prothonotary.  Also, almost every bank has atleast one notary available and will do it free of charge if you have an account with them.  I bank at WSFS and they all have multiple notary publics....

FYI.........The Kent County prothonotary office Does Not take plastic either. I've read in various places that Kent takes credit cards but that's not true.